after I-130 filing for my married daughter (>21 yrs old) and her husband, then they will hav a baby

soonerfw

I was just a naturalized US citizen in US and will file I-130 for my daughter and her husband overseas, here I have two questions.
1) From I-130 instruction, I don't need to submit G-325A forms for them, is it right?
2) After I fill I-130 forms for them before I-130 is approved and visa is available, (or after I-130 is approved and visa is available, which is very unlikely in several years), they will have a baby, do I need to submit a petition for their baby? My understanding, the baby will be a derivative person, and will NOT need a new petition. During consulate interview after visa is available,, they can bring the baby's birth certificate to the consulate.

Thanks for your time,
soonerfw

I was just a naturalized US citizen in US and will file I-130 for my daughter and her husband overseas, here I have two questions.
1) From I-130 instruction, I don't need to submit G-325A forms for them, is it right?
2) After I fill I-130 forms for them before I-130 is approved and visa is available, (or after I-130 is approved and visa is available, which is very unlikely in several years), they will have a baby, do I need to submit a petition for their baby? My understanding, the baby will be a derivative person, and will NOT need a new petition. During consulate interview after visa is available,, they can bring the baby's birth certificate to the consulate.

Thanks for your time,
soonerfw

Hi Sooner,

You only need to fill out the I-130 for your daughter and no need to do an additional one for her husband or baby, since you can only do a petition for your daughter.. I recommend you have a look at this website, since it has a lot of information and scenarios related to this process. There is also no need to fill out G-325A at this moment.

USCIS Link: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/A1en.pdf