After filing for citizenship

keshto

Hello friends,

I understand that after 4 years and 9 months of getting GC, one can apply for citizenship. I also know that the person needs to fulfill "continuous residency" condition. i.e can't be out of the country for more than 6 months.
But could someone please tell me what are the rules after filing for citizenship ? Can one leave US and give the citizenship interview in India or does the 6 month rule still applies ? Can the re-entry permit be of any help here ?

Thanks in advance,
Keshto

Thanks for your reply JoeF.
Assuming the 6 month condition is fulfilled, is it possible to live outside US and apply for citizenship ? I read somewhere that you need to live for at least 90 days in the state where you would apply for citizenship. So even if you have lived in the state for 4 years and then left maintaining "continous residency" does not matter. You still have to come back, stay for 90 days, then apply. Is it true ?

Fingerprinting, Interview and oath all seem to be happening at 3 to 6 months' interval, which I guess doing while staying outside US would be difficult. Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,
Keshto