• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

After DS-260?

Yaser

Registered Users (C)
I filled and submitted the DS-260 forms for me and my family. In the confirmation page I was told that I need to obtain required supporting civil documents. I don't know exactly what documents exactly I need to prepare at this stage. Also when I log in to my application I see a section for IV fees with "N/A" written below it. Any idea what the next step is after filling the DS-260?

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have checked the link and I am wondering whether I need to to prepare the Police Record document before the interview. I have been living in different countries since the age of 16 and requesting police record from each country would take much time, so that I may need to apply for such documents early enough. I contacted the embassy regarding this and they sent me an email just saying that I will be given instructions on the day of the interview.

One more questions, do I need to have my civil documents, study certificates and police records authorized and attested by the ministry of foreign affairs before the interview?

I have checked the link and I am wondering whether I need to to prepare the Police Record document before the interview. I have been living in different countries since the age of 16 and requesting police record from each country would take much time, so that I may need to apply for such documents early enough. I contacted the embassy regarding this and they sent me an email just saying that I will be given instructions on the day of the interview.

One more questions, do I need to have my civil documents, study certificates and police records authorized and attested by the ministry of foreign affairs before the interview?

Please read the link again about what police certificates you are required to have, and read it properly. Read clearly about how long you need to have lived each place for one to be required. No matter how much time it will take you, if you do not have what you need, you will not get a visa.

The link is also very clear that you need all your documents before the interview. I suggest you read all the pages again, to ensure you are not missing anything.

Maybe you need to go through the link again. And this time, pay attention to what you're reading. There shouldn't be any wondering as to whether you need to prepare the PCC before the interview. The link is very clear on what needs to be done.

Thank you again for your responses.

I read the instructions in the link several times. I contacted the US Embassy in order to provide me with a letter explaining why I need the Police Record. The relevant authorities in Saudi Arabia (Where I lived more than 3 years) and in the Netherlands (Where I lived 2 years) are asking for a letter from the US Embassy in order to issue this document. This is mentioned on their websites and on state.gov. I will need a police record from Egypt but this is a very easy process. I contacted the US Embassy regarding this letter and I was briefly told in an email that I will be instructed on the day of the interview.

Thank you again for your responses.

I read the instructions in the link several times. I contacted the US Embassy in order to provide me with a letter explaining why I need the Police Record. The relevant authorities in Saudi Arabia (Where I lived more than 3 years) and in the Netherlands (Where I lived 2 years) are asking for a letter from the US Embassy in order to issue this document. This is mentioned on their websites and on state.gov. I will need a police record from Egypt but this is a very easy process. I contacted the US Embassy regarding this letter and I was briefly told in an email that I will be instructed on the day of the interview.

So if you read the links properly you will have seen it is noted that for Saudi Arabia, "Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom" - US embassies naturally do not expect people to have documents that are not available.

You will also have seen that for Netherlands, it says nothing at all about needing a letter from the US embassy in the detailed instructions :

"Applicants residing outside of the Netherlands:

If you reside outside of the Netherlands and are not registered with a local municipality in the Netherlands, please send your application directly to COVOG at the below address:

Ministerie van Veiligheid en Justitie
Dienst Justis, Postbus 20300, 2500 EH Den Haag, Nederland/TheNetherlands

You must additionally provide:

• Evidence of your identification (such as a copy biographic page of your passport); and
  • A copy of the receipt confirming your fee has been paid.
Payment may be made only by transfer to the Dutch bank account number: 56.99.90.9719 (RBS) in the name COVOG.

Money transfers, cash payment etc., are not accepted. For people who are not in the Netherlands, you will need to pay via international bank transfer via the below information for the Royal Bank of Scotland account:

IBAN Code: NL47RBOS0569990971
BIC (swift code): RBOSNL2A
Royal Bank of Scotland in Amsterdam
."
Not a sniff about needing anything from the US embassy.
You can also authorize a friend in the Netherlands to apply for you, as the link goes on to explain.

I'm not exactly sure what you've been reading, but it doesn't seem to be the links from the selection letter?

I am currently in Saudi Arabia, and that means that I need a police record from Saudi Arabia. Both Saudi Arabia and The Netherlands are NOT issuing police records without a letter from the US Embassy directed to the relevant authorities in those 2 countries. This is also clearly mentioned in the link above.

For Saudi Arabia: "Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran."

For the Netherlands: "Please note, all applicants will need to submit:

The point is that the US Embassy in Cairo replied to me saying "You will be given the instructions on the day of interview." when I contacted them asking for such a letter.

Last edited:
I am currently in Saudi Arabia, and that means that I need a police record from Saudi Arabia. Both Saudi Arabia and The Netherlands are NOT issuing police records without a letter from the US Embassy directed to the relevant authorities in those 2 countries. This is also clearly mentioned in the link above.

For Saudi Arabia: "Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran."

For the Netherlands: "Please note, all applicants will need to submit:

The point is that the US Embassy in Cairo replied to me saying "You will be given the instructions on the day of interview." when I contacted them asking for such a letter.

Wow. So sorry I didn't telepathically pick up that you still reside in KSA, seeing as you were talking about interviewing in Egypt and you said "lived" - past tense - for KSA. As for you finding different info to me on Netherlands - I took the trouble to post the entire section from the reciprocity by country page and it's not there so I still don't know where you got that from. Anyway, good luck with your application. I hope you don't have a high case number if you will be waiting till after the scheduled interview to get the required documents for your visa.

Last edited:
Thank you again.

Both countries need a letter from the US Embassy in order to issue this document. This is what is mentioned on state.gov and on other websites related to these countries.

My case number is supposed to be current in April or May 2017. I want to have all my documents ready before the interview as I will be flying from Saudi Arabia to Cairo for this matter and I don't want to waste time and flight tickets as well.

Are you sure you understand the link?

The link is the generic letter you can use when you request your police check for the Netherlands. So you complete the application form, include the letter (i.e. the pdf), pay the amount and you will get the Netherlands police check.

I'm not sure why you are content to wait until the day when there are very clear instructions on, at the very least, the Netherlands police check.

Bear in mind, you WON'T get your visa if they aren't done. They won't exempt you. You must have them. If you don't have them on the day, you go into AP, and then the wait is indeterminate.

Are you sure you understand the link?

The link is the generic letter you can use when you request your police check for the Netherlands. So you complete the application form, include the letter (i.e. the pdf), pay the amount and you will get the Netherlands police check.

I'm not sure why you are content to wait until the day when there are very clear instructions on, at the very least, the Netherlands police check.

Bear in mind, you WON'T get your visa if they aren't done. They won't exempt you. You must have them. If you don't have them on the day, you go into AP, and then the wait is indeterminate.

I do understand what I am reading in this link. The letter they will accept is not generic. It has to be certified by the embassy. And here is what the state.gov website says about this process in Saudi Arabia:

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30).

The letter must originate from the US Embassy. What is written in the link is very clear and I don't know why you people are going around it. The US Embassy in Cairo has replied to me that I will receive the instructions for this process on the day of the interview. This is what confuses me. The US Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulate General in Amsterdam have not responded to my emails yet.

And by the way, here is what is written on the website of the Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice:

http://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/certificate-of-conduct/
  • a fully completed application form:
    Data applicant (section 1)
    Data organisation/establishment (section 2.1) This section has to be filled out by the department that requires the certificate. If they are unable to do this, an official letter or brochure which states that you have to apply for a certificate of conduct will do.
    Purpose of the application (section 2.2)
    Screening profile (section 2.3 or 2.4)
    You need to bring all 6 pages of the application form;
  • an official document which states the purpose of your application, provided by the interested party;
  • a valid passport or identification card/ID/identity document;
  • the administrative expenses of €41,35.

I don't want to wait until the day of the interview. I want to start this process now but the US Embassy in which I will have my interview asked me to wait until that day. Despite this, I am not willing to wait and that's why I am consulting people here in this forum if anyone has any useful info. First I was told that there is no such a letter, then I am being told that I just need to print a send a generic letter.

Thanks!!

Well, my reading of the Dutch document is the same as Emily's.

And clearly your problem with KSA (now that you clarified that you are actually still there yes obviously you need it) arises from the fact that it is only needed for residents but you are interviewing elsewhere, when it is obviously usually the embassy in KSA that gets those requests. As you have contacted them, hopefully they can help you and hopefully they don't only issue such letters to people who have listed Riyadh as their interview location.

Well, follow the embassy instructions then. Clearly the official state.gov instructions are not to your liking. Good luck and I hope your Administrative Processing does not last long.