After 3 years, 6 months, 13 days, my case FINALLY got approved today!

PeterUS

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone at this great forum:

I just want to give you the hope with the news I got today. So basically after 1291 days of my case received at Chicago asylum office I got the approval finally today by mail!

I've never ever EVER thought I'll wait all this time! It was so long long loooong waiting but finally paid off! We literally ran out of options after we've tried every possible way to get a decision until we forgot all about it and moved on in our lives. Surprisingly once we stopped thinking about it day and night, the response came!!! Isn't weird! So maybe you guys gotta do the same!

Here's my timeline:

Nov 2012 Case submitted to Chicago office
Dec 2012 Case Received
Dec 2012 Biometrics submitted
Jan 2013 Interview at Chicago office (the officer stated that the decision will be mailed within 4-5 weeks!!! so we dreamed a lot and got disappointed a lot!!!)
July 2013 First EAD
June 2014 Second EAD
June 2015 Third EAD + Second Biometrics
April 2016 Fourth EAD
June 2016 Case APPROVED!!! Finally!

Thank you everyone in this forum for your contribution! Please have your hope alive and keep yourself busy, otherwise you will really get nuts!

Congratulation and good luck for the rest of your endeavor.
This should like a case study for those who are in hurry.
as long as you dont get a denial letter...., there is hope.

Many many congratulations. I am in the similar situation like you. Hopefully, I will hear something back if I am lucky.

Hi sadsoul!

Yes, I remember you! I thought that you already got your decision long time ago!!! I'm sorry to hear that you still waiting!

Anyway, according to my lawyer, the backlog has reached the cases within our timeline (late 2012, beginning 2013)! So, have some hope buddy! Yet, you never know! These guys are really undetectable! It may take longer and may come soon! Anyway, I wanted to give the hope to guys just like you since we are in the same boat! Cheer up!

Keep us posted!~

PeterUS congratulations, I'm happy for you. Enjoy your freedom now.
Thank you for keeping us posted and share this good news with us.

sadsoul, I'm sure you will get your approval soon. Don't give up and try to keep yourself very busy with friend, family, work, study, sport etc.. so you don't think a lot about your asylum case and stop counting the days. The days will go fast and before you know it you will find you approval in the mail.

Hello everyone at this great forum:

I just want to give you the hope with the news I got today. So basically after 1291 days of my case received at Chicago asylum office I got the approval finally today by mail!

Hello @PeterUS I want to greatly congratulate you for this awesome news!!!! I am so happy for you.
And thank you for giving us courage in this waiting period. Indeed I have to talk to many people who got their approval once they stopped thinking about it.

And yes, like @USC2013 said, this should be a case study for all the new applicants who think waiting 6months is the end of the world.