AFTER 183 Days ! Discussion thread

Yes... read on

I used a US plated car, the officer asked me abut my entire travel
plan ..SFO to seattle by air, then from there by car. he did not comment on the car title etc. since I had a one way rental and I was not a PR of canada yet ! ( although I became one after 15 minutes ).

If you land by air, you can easily get a rental car in canada, all US state licenses are acceptable no questions asked ( atleast at AVIS ).

I did enter the hotel address as the address on the goods to follow list form since I had no friends / relatives in vancouver.

It was only afterwards that I came to know of the rule that a can pr was not supposed to drive a US car ! so after becoming a PR I used a bus or a plane to cross into canada.

TT can you reply for

Can wife get dependent visa as i am coming to USA on H1B as Canada PR from canada

tt can you please reply mine is 7th month means 200 days

mine is 7th month means 200 days after Canada PR.Planing to go to canada.do they ask any questions.No stamp when entered to USA on AUG 12 2001.What is the situation after SEP 11 do they stamp when entered.If so what shall i say when entering to canada.I am planing to say entered to USA on H1B for two months project but no stamp on Dec 01.So that mine will be less that 183 days

I really dont know what happens after sept...

so far in my experiance they just looked at my PR papers, sometimes not even that and let me in. As far as I can tell the 183 days cannot be calculated in a reliable way, since the US INS dont stamp the passport nor do the Can Imm.
I have kept my receipts and bank statements , other letters for
SIN, health card, drivers lic, auto club , credit card to prove that I have been in canada for the time I say I have been.
take a chance, dont volenteer information, I think you should be ok.

they dont like H1

My personal experience is , they "dont like" H1. Dont talk about H1 stuff unless you have no choice. When I was entering from Buffalo, officer at border post saw my passport and H1 page popped out and then he pushed me to Senior officer for "window interview" . It took me 35mins to get cleared from Immigration after passport review, Interview and taking I-94 out. I used Greyhound for going-in and that was my mistake thats why i was pushed to Immigration. At that time I went to Canada after 4 months of my first landing. I didn\'t void 183 days rule. I wont be surprised if they see our H1 and get you to Senior officer ! avoid it.

Khi_boy ...need your help

Khi_boy, thanks for posting your experience. I wanted to ask u when does your 183 day rule expires. I landed in Nov. 2001 and I haven\'t landed after that. My 183 day rule will expire in April, 2002. I would like to land in Canada before April but I am worried that I have a H1 visa stamp on my passport. So that might make them suspicious.

So what do u suggest? How can I keep my Canadian PR while working on H1 in U.S......Thanks!

mine is 200 day now i am planing to go to canada but no stamp while coming

My question is if i say i entered Oct 2001 to US and no stamp means do he/she at border will enter that data i left from canada previously

my suggestion - H1 travellers -(gumby)

If you go there before April and come back to US on H1 to work. Still you are going to void 183 days rule. I would suggest you not to go there till you really want to go back or its really needed. Making less number of unncessary trips will reduce the probability of yours to get into trouble. My personal experience is , making more number of back and forth trips on H1 wont add anything , but it may subtract.

mine is tt or khi_boy can you reply 200 day now i am planing to go to canada but no stamp while comi

My question is if i say i entered Oct 2001 to US and no stamp means do he/she at border will enter that data i left from canada previously.
If we want to go to USA on visitor visa as canada PR.shall we take at border and do they stamp

Thanks Khi_boy

Thanks for your suggestion. That makes sense. I think it all depends on Immigration official who is interviewing. Some are strict and some aren\'t. I met a guy today that had landed in Canada in April 1999 and for the first time after that he went to Canada. They asked him 1 or 2 questions and let him into Canada. Althought, he had clearly voilated the 183 day rule. He works in US on H1. He had no problems whatsoever.

Overall, its a weird world. I guess if a person wants to really go to Canada after 183 day rule....he should go ahead and take a chance and be lucky to get in.

Did they stamped on passport and

My question is if i say i entered Oct 2001 to US and no stamp.Do he/she at border will enter that date i left from canada previously.
AND.
If we want to go to USA on visitor visa as canada PR.shall we take at border and do they stamp

based on general experiences (for Raja986)

Based on general experiences you will more likely to go in without any problem.