AFTER 183 Days ! Discussion thread

khi_boy

Registered Users (C)
Please post your recent experience of Canadian/US Border crossing after 183 days in this discussion

No Title

I am planning to go to Canada after 1 year. Is there anyone who has travelled to canada after 183 days and returned safely? I had applied for RRP but it was rejected. Ofcourse we didn\'t receive a written refusal letter. When we were called for the interview the officer told us orally and put a date stamp in my husband\'s passport. The stamp is only a date stamp.

hi !

I am planning to return back by May / June. Maybe I will take a trip
before that to vancouver. The last I visited canada was in the first
week of sept. so nearly 6 months have gone by...personally I think
the BC crossings at aldergrove is the easier as compared to
the douglas ( truck ) crossing.

Vancouver or Detroit Windsor?

tt , same story here. I also have to return after 5 months. Which border would you recommend? Vancouver? (where is aldergrove) or shall i try again Detroit/Windsor? . I had a bad experience last time at Buffalo, there they took my I-94 off with a lot of questions.

Hmm..

let me see, from what i have experiance and read about other
peoples experiances:

1) Detroit/Windsor: lot of people complain about initial landing
, sometimes getting denied.
2) Buffalo and Niagara: I have crossed in each place in both
  direction once, never got checked, even did not have to show
  my landing papers ( using early morning greyhound at the border,
  having started from NYC the prev night I was at the peace bridge
  at 5: am , all the passengers were just waved thru ). Later
  at niagara I walked across to the canadian side, I was carrying nothing just car keys...so looked like a tourist, again let in
  with just ..do you have your papers..yes ).

3) Aldergove is a straight north from belligham ( search in
   www.vancovuer.hm for border corssings for a detailed list
   of border crossings ) . Very quiet small town place, no traffic
   ever. we crossed over by car , just a few questions at the toll
   booth kind of customs office and were let in. Other place I crossed
   was at the truck crossing at Pacific highway ..here is where I
   crossed over while landing, again just the usual qs and we were
   done with the landing in 10-15 minutes.

All of these are 5+ month old experiances. My gut feel is to use
greyhound or quickcoach out of seattle airport to vancouver, I think
that should be the easiest. since driving a US plated car is not
allowed for Can residents.

Canadian PR and H1

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any advice to me.

I am currently on H1B visa in U.S. I went to Canada in November 2001 to stamp my landing papers for Canadian PR. I stayed there for 4 days and returned back to U.S. I am planning to go to Canada again for 3 days in March 2002, just so that I don\'t violate the 183days rule. Would Immigration officials in Canada would cause any problem since I have been residing in U.S?

I guess my main goal is to have my Canadian PR as long as I can untill I can get my Green Card in U.S....Is that possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!.....Thanking in advance

Room for rent will stay only couple of days in a month i am a traveller. any where in the canada fin

I want a room in canada cause i will come couple of days in a month from USA. if any one can provide i will pay the rent and sign the leasing aggrement

you cannot rent a US car into canada as Can PR !

I could do this the first time while landing, since at that time I was not a CanPR. But later twie when I vsited canada the Lawyer insisted that I used airplane or bus or train but cannot drive
a US licence plated car in to canada !

safest way

Safest way is if any friend from Canada can come and pick you up. He\'ll be having a car with Canadian plate

To take a US Car in Canada you neet to get a permission at Border , some form xxx need to filled out and submitted.. dont remember what exact is the form number. The procedure is mentioned on official website

mine is 7th month means 200 days

mine is 7th month means 200 days after Canada PR.Planing to go to canada.do they ask any questions.No stamp when entered to USA on AUG 12 2001.What is the situation after SEP 11 do they stamp when entered.If so what shall i say when entering to canada.I am planing to say entered to USA on H1B for two months project but no stamp on Dec 01.So that mine will be less that 183 days

For tt tt

you wrore in your messeage that at the time of Landing by border you used US Plated car,it means when you reached Canada border for Landing you were in US plated car and after compleating the Landing process you went to your destination in Canada in US plated car. it it correct? because I read that after landing you became PR how they allowed you to Drive US car after border? Did you have to explain anything to officials.

If a person Lands by AIR can he easily get a Rental car in Canada for few days? the person has to dearch for apartment and he will not be having any permanent address, he will be staying in hotel.

mine is 7th month means 200 days

mine is 7th month means 200 days after Canada PR.Planing to go to canada.do they ask any questions.No stamp when entered to USA on AUG 12 2001.What is the situation after SEP 11 do they stamp when entered.If so what shall i say when entering to canada.I am planing to say entered to USA on H1B for two months project but no stamp on Dec 01.So that mine will be less that 183 days