Afraid USCIS forgot about me... Again!

Snoopy329

Hi folks. "Quick" background; I've been a permanent resident for 37 years and applied for citizenship back in 2004 while living temporarily with my father in Florida. Did my biometrics in Florida, moved to Arizona, made the change of address. While living in Arizona I got so busy with my new family (wife and baby) and trying to build a life there that I simply forgot and neglected my citizenship process. Fast forward 2 years later I figured they had simply forgotten about me or something went wrong in the system and since I had lost all of my paperwork, I didn't pursue finding out what had happened. I know, irresponsible of me.

So I reapplied this January and it is now October. I live in a different state now and I have all my paperwork. Should start worrying that they have forgotten about me again? I have text and email alerts but the last ones I received were for my biometrics appointment which I went to back in March. I go to their website to fill out an inquiry but it says I can't because I am within their normal timeframe.

What should I do?

Thanks

Hi folks. "Quick" background; I've been a permanent resident for 37 years and applied for citizenship back in 2004 while living temporarily with my father in Florida. Did my biometrics in Florida, moved to Arizona, made the change of address. While living in Arizona I got so busy with my new family (wife and baby) and trying to build a life there that I simply forgot and neglected my citizenship process. Fast forward 2 years later I figured they had simply forgotten about me or something went wrong in the system and since I had lost all of my paperwork, I didn't pursue finding out what had happened. I know, irresponsible of me.

So I reapplied this January and it is now October. I live in a different state now and I have all my paperwork. Should start worrying that they have forgotten about me again? I have text and email alerts but the last ones I received were for my biometrics appointment which I went to back in March. I go to their website to fill out an inquiry but it says I can't because I am within their normal timeframe.

What should I do?

Thanks

I wonder if they really forgot about you last time or if your change of address had something to do with it (they sent papers to wrong address, it lapsed because you were no longer resident where you had filed, whatever)

So I don’t know about this specifically but I can say that albeit on a different uscis matter, we were in a similar situation to last alert being biometric and not being able to fill enquiry within supposedly normal timeframe for months and months...then it just came through eventually. Also our text and email alerts didn’t work that well and we found out the change by checking the uscis case status page. So initial advice is just to wait, unless you want to call or infopass to see if there is any update?

I wonder if they really forgot about you last time or if your change of address had something to do with it (they sent papers to wrong address, it lapsed because you were no longer resident where you had filed, whatever)

So I don’t know about this specifically but I can say that albeit on a different uscis matter, we were in a similar situation to last alert being biometric and not being able to fill enquiry within supposedly normal timeframe for months and months...then it just came through eventually. Also our text and email alerts didn’t work that well and we found out the change by checking the uscis case status page. So initial advice is just to wait, unless you want to call or infopass to see if there is any update?

Well, I lived in Arizona for 6 years so I don't think its because I moved. Oh well... So, forgive my newbieness but, what is infopass?

Well, I lived in Arizona for 6 years so I don't think its because I moved. Oh well... So, forgive my newbieness but, what is infopass?

You said you started the process and did bio in Florida, then moved to Arizona. I was just speculating that that move had somehow caused a hiccup, whether because sent to old address or because you were supposed to change offices after you moved or whatever.

Infopass is an appointment at a field office to find out information about your case. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/your-guide-infopass

You said you started the process and did bio in Florida, then moved to Arizona. I was just speculating that that move had somehow caused a hiccup, whether because sent to old address or because you were supposed to change offices after you moved or whatever.

Infopass is an appointment at a field office to find out information about your case.

Well thanks for that info. When should I should I start to maybe get concerned or attempt to inquire whats going on? I mean, you said it took "for months and months" so exactly how many months passed before you heard anything? Just so I have reference point. Thanks.

Well thanks for that info. When should I should I start to maybe get concerned or attempt to inquire whats going on? I mean, you said it took "for months and months" so exactly how many months passed before you heard anything? Just so I have reference point. Thanks.

I was on a different type of case so not sure that’s relevant. If your FO is not in a very inconvenient location I’d go ahead and make an appointment, if nothing else to try figure out what the timeline is expected to be.