affidivit support..confusion and need ur help..

livelife

Registered Users (C)
hello guys
i am married to usc. i have a joint sponsor due to my spouse's low income . my question is does my spouse still need to send w2s since she is not he main sponsor?joint sponsor will send w2s..
>>i have worked before ..doest that mean i can skip the sponsorship process?

>> can my joint sponsor show certain amount of cash in their bank a/c and not show the income thingy??? or do they have to show cash and other assets?????

your reply will be appreciated.

livelife said:
hello guys
i am married to usc. i have a joint sponsor due to my spouse's low income . my question is does my spouse still need to send w2s since she is not he main sponsor?joint sponsor will send w2s..
Your spouse is the primary sponsor. She needs to file I-864 whether she meets the income requirement or not. Look at instructions for I-864 to see what documents joint sponsors need to submit

>>i have worked before ..doest that mean i can skip the sponsorship process?
Are there any exceptions to the sponsorship requirements?
There is no need to submit a Form I-864 if the intending immigrant can show EITHER that the intending immigrant has already worked, or can be credited with, 40 qualifying quarters as defined in title II of the Social Security Act OR that the intending immigrant is the child of a citizen and that the intending immigrant, if admitted for permanent residence on or after February 27, 2001, would automatically acquire citizenship under § 320 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended by the Child Citizenship Act of 2000.

>> can my joint sponsor show certain amount of cash in their bank a/c and not show the income thingy??? or do they have to show cash and other assets?????
If you want to use your assets, the assets of your household members or dependents, and/or the assets of the immigrant you are sponsoring to meet the minimum income requirement, you must provide evidence of assets with a cash value that equals at least five times the difference between your total household income and the minimum income requirement. For the assets of
a household member, other than the immigrant(s) you are sponsoring, to be considered, the household member must complete and sign Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.

All assets must be supported with evidence to verify location, ownership, and value of each asset. Any liens and liabilities relating to the assets must be documented. List only assets that can be readily converted into cash within one year. Evidence of assets includes, but is not limited to the following:

** Bank statements covering the last 12 months, or a statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits, including deposit/withdrawal history for the last 12 months, and current balance;

** Evidence of ownership and value of stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit, and date(s) acquired;

** Evidence of ownership and value of other property, and date(s) acquired; and

** Evidence of ownership and value of any real estate, and date(s) acquired.

your reply will be appreciated.