Affidavit of support

2012S

Hello,

My question is about the affidavit of support. I am a medical student so do not have a paying job. I would be able to support my fiance, since the amount I am able to get in student loans is well above the amount I need to live since I live frugally, and I do have some additional savings. I do have some assets, but have read in some places that I need 5 times 125% of the poverty level worth of assets since I have no income, other places have read 3 times 100% of the poverty level... anyone know what it actually is? Is there any likelihood of being granted a visa while I am still a student? I'm not sure that I could count on any of my family to co-sponsor. I'm guaranteed a job when I graduate, but am hoping to not have to wait 2.5 years til I graduate to apply, since it sounds like from wait times, that would mean at least 3 years til he'd be able to come to the US.

thanks!

The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.