• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support

willis

Registered Users (C)
I am from KENYA, and I have just recieved my CP two days ago, and I have heard from other people that if you have a family you have to produce an Affidavit of support from your sponsors in the US during your interview. I have two kids (8years and 1year 4months), is it mandatory for me to have the Affidavit of support? or I can use any Financial support from Kenya, please advice on that.

Please read my big post. There, you'll find info on the evidence of support.

An affidavit of support ( form I134 ) has to be signed by a USC or a LPR.
You can also show your own funds ( bank statements ), and/or a job offer in the US.
The more proofs you can bring that you won't become public charge, the better your chance to ge the visa !

Hii Willis,
I'm from Kenya too. You say you recieved your CP 2 days ago? Did you call KCC to ask for your appointment date or did you recieve your appointment letter in the mail?

Regarding the Affidavit of Support? As Catseyes said, please read her post. She has compiled a lot of useful information on the DV process.

General Info for DV winners :
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215048

Good luck!!

Hii Steste

My number is 37xxx. I was planning to call KCC , by the end of this week to inqure about my CP but fortunatel I recieved on regular mail before I could call. My advice to you is, please call KCC to inquire about it, and also to inqiure about your appointment date. I am very sure you will get an appropriate answer from them.

Thanks for replying Willis,
I had already called KCC and they told me my interview date. I'm however still waiting to recieve my appointment letter. Good luck to you and your family.