Affidavit of Support! income Question?

Mraztek

Registered Users (C)
hi guys.

i want to became sponsor of my friend but i have a small issue and i don't know what to do. i made enough during the last 3 years probably over 40k and with the taxes of 2009 and 2010 looks good the issue i have is on the last one 2011. for the reason i sold my house (short sale) my total show up to be 24k even tho i made almost same as past year.

what can i do in this case? i was thinking to send a letter explaining the situation to the the Uscis but i dont know please advice me.

thank you.

Don't sponsor a friend, you will be held liable for as long as you live or as long as the immigrant friend remains a gc holder. If he later claims any government benefit like medical treatment, the government will recover it from you.

hi guys.

i want to became sponsor of my friend but i have a small issue and i don't know what to do. i made enough during the last 3 years probably over 40k and with the taxes of 2009 and 2010 looks good the issue i have is on the last one 2011. for the reason i sold my house (short sale) my total show up to be 24k even tho i made almost same as past year.

what can i do in this case? i was thinking to send a letter explaining the situation to the the Uscis but i dont know please advice me.

Your current salary is more relevant; the tax documents are there just to support what you claim your salary is. A one-time loss on something unrelated to your employment won't disqualify you if your current salary is sufficient.

Your current salary is more relevant; the tax documents are there just to support what you claim your salary is. A one-time loss on something unrelated to your employment won't disqualify you if your current salary is sufficient.

My taxs from 2008,09 and 10 shows enoght income should i send only those and dont show my most recent?

My taxs from 2008,09 and 10 shows enoght income should i send only those and dont show my most recent?
They will expect a 2011 return, as it is already past the due date for that.

Is your 2012 salary as reported by your employer on your recent paystubs and/or job letter sufficient? (disregard tax returns for this question)

Have you seen I-864P for the income requirements?

Last edited by a moderator: