Affidavit of Support I 864 query

michigandollar

Hi,

I got married last month. My wife is a US Citizen. I am applying for my green card thru her. However she is a student and I have been working for last few years. The I 864 form ( affidavit of support ) says that she needs to sponsor me. How do I get around this problem when I am the earning member and she is a student and does not work.

She stills has to fill out and sign an I-864 for you as co-sponsor, even if her income is $ 0.00

You also need to find a co-sponsor, to fill out and sign an I-864 for you too, and that should do it.

hi!!

In the I-864 that she needs to sign there is a part where it says that the intending immigrant can aport ther income, you put your 06 yearly income and you dont need to fill out a I-864 because you are the intending immigrant... and if you have file you tax return you have to submit them and your last paystubs to prove your income.

good luck!!

Correct. You can use your own income. Call IRS and ask them to fax you a transcript right away. If the numbers there are over the limit then you are good.

Hi,

I got married last month. My wife is a US Citizen. I am applying for my green card thru her. However she is a student and I have been working for last few years. The I 864 form ( affidavit of support ) says that she needs to sponsor me. How do I get around this problem when I am the earning member and she is a student and does not work.
You can fill a I-864A so long as your income was earned legally.

Disclaimer:
This is in no way to be used as legal advice.

Thanks a bunch guys !!! I 864 or 864 A

Thanks a lot guys... Yes, hopefully my income will make it above the required level ( am a typical IT guy )...I called up the INS, they seemed to be kindda confused between I 864 or I 864 A ? Any opinions ?

Look... Go Online (uscis) And Look For The I-864p Thats The Proberty Guide Line For Uscis, The Way You Are Going To Calculate If You Qualify To Be The Only Sponsor For Your Wife Is As Follow: You Have To Count How Many Dependents Are On Your Tax Return Then You Go To The I-864p And See How Much Money Uscis Required To For That Amount Of Dependents, If Your Total Income Is The Amount That They Are Asking For, Then You Dont Need A Joint Sponsor.

Check It Out... And Let Us Know...