• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

Like Simon said, your sponsor knows what a W2 is. Just ask him/her to email it to you and you can present it with the AOS form in addition to the employment letter that has been provided.

I would like to thank you very much and Mr.Simon for your guidance. My Interview was on Dec, first at US Abu Dhabi Embassy. It went successfully. The consul ask me how much saving I have ,I replied that I do not have much saving only $3000,but I will get my service end benefits which is about $80,000..The only supporting documents from my employee was employment letter and salary certificate , but I had I-134 originally signed.

Once again thank you very moderators

I would like to thank you very much and Mr.Simon for your guidance. My Interview was on Dec, first at US Abu Dhabi Embassy. It went successfully. The consul ask me how much saving I have ,I replied that I do not have much saving only $3000,but I will get my service end benefits which is about $80,000..The only supporting documents from my employee was employment letter and salary certificate , but I had I-134 originally signed.

Congratulations!

Congratulations and good luck with the move!

Oh. That is great Muawia. Congratulations.
So, did the CO take the i-134 and review it?

Hello Muawia,
Congratulations !!
Anyway, am also weighing options of having interview in Abu Dhabi or Kenya! Please would you mind sharing with me exact documents you were asked by CO? How long did the interview took?

Hello Muawia,
Congratulations !!
Anyway, am also weighing options of having interview in Abu Dhabi or Kenya! Please would you mind sharing with me exact documents you were asked by CO? How long did the interview took?

I just followed the instructions, plus sporting financial evidence such as form I-134. Questions are those normal ones such as when you get your graduation, when you got married, how you met her?
Just say the truth.
If you have specific questions please post them here, the moderators of this forum are very helpful and knowledgeable, trust and follow their advice.

He meant from his existing job I am sure....
Yes, that's right Simon. The letter highlight job title and employment date, salary certificate, then the consul will have an idea about the employer end service benefits. (salary X 2 X years of service)

Yes those should do, but if your sponsor is willing to throw in their employment letter and bank statement in addition, nothing wrong with that. If they're not, what you've listed should be okay.

should the signed form (Affidavit of Support /I-134) be stamped or approved by any authority in the US ? or just to be filled and signed by the sponsor is enough ?

should the signed form (Affidavit of Support /I-134) be stamped or approved by any authority in the US ? or just to be filled and signed by the sponsor is enough ?

No US authority is required to stamp or validate the affidavit, only the sponsor is required to sign it.

How recent should the tax documents be? My interview is in 10 March. My sponsor said she will have the W2 for year 2014 ready by then but not 1040. Is that be ok? Is 1040 a must or W2 should suffice? Any idea?

Hi all

My interview in March in abu dhabi i still cannot find any one to sign the I134 forms for me , but i have over 100k saving , any one have been to AbuDhabi embassy with only saving account ?

Also my company have a branch in Us i might be able yo get offer letter to be transferred if the saving account not enough , please advise mr on that .

How recent should the tax documents be? My interview is in 10 March. My sponsor said she will have the W2 for year 2014 ready by then but not 1040. Is that be ok? Is 1040 a must or W2 should suffice? Any idea?

My interview was on first Dec. 2014.I did provide w2 for 2013, and it was acceptable. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi all

My interview in March in abu dhabi i still cannot find any one to sign the I134 forms for me , but i have over 100k saving , any one have been to AbuDhabi embassy with only saving account ?

Also my company have a branch in Us i might be able yo get offer letter to be transferred if the saving account not enough , please advise mr on that .
I thing you will be ok with that saving, unless you have big family more than two members (40k per adult or so) . Job offer definitely will make big differences. Try to reach there 30 minutes before your interview time, first come first serviced. All embassy staff are friendly and helpful just make sure all your documents are in place. Good luck

Hi all

i know Abu Dhabi has this reputation for stubbornness on finances but surely $100k in savings will be enough...a job letter will help too of course.