• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

Hi, In my case I got to know that my sponsors income level in poverty range. What should I do now.I think I do nt have time to change it.(My interview might be on September) .Will I be able to survive showing my bank account details? How much should I have in banks and for how long?

Hi, In my case I got to know that my sponsors income level in poverty range. What should I do now.I think I do nt have time to change it.(My interview might be on September) .Will I be able to survive showing my bank account details? How much should I have in banks and for how long?

If you can show over $10k per adult in savings, then no need to worry. Otherwise, you will need a new sponsor.

If you can show over $10k per adult in savings, then no need to worry. Otherwise, you will need a new sponsor.
Is there any specific time period that amount of money should be in the bank account. If I deposit that money in this month will it be enough for the interview in September?

Is there any specific time period that amount of money should be in the bank account. If I deposit that money in this month will it be enough for the interview in September?

Well longer is better - but you can't reverse time, so deposit it now, and if it borrowed from a family member, have them write an affaavit tat the money is a gift to you to help start your new life.

Well longer is better - but you can't reverse time, so deposit it now, and if it borrowed from a family member, have them write an affaavit tat the money is a gift to you to help start your new life.
I work as a Director of our family own company.There are 4 directors and my father is the Managing director. We have our company registration files and Local tax paying files.Can we provide these files and the assets I have in Sri Lanka.But in my personal bank accounts I dont have that much of money.All the money in my fathers accounts. He is going to transfer money in to my accounts when I want it.Please advice me.

I work as a Director of our family own company.There are 4 directors and my father is the Managing director. We have our company registration files and Local tax paying files.Can we provide these files and the assets I have in Sri Lanka.But in my personal bank accounts I dont have that much of money.All the money in my fathers accounts. He is going to transfer money in to my accounts when I want it.Please advice me.

So the gift is from your Dad. Shall I repeat what I already said?

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no. You cannot present company assets, of which you're a co-director, as proof of your personal financial prowess. You do not wholly own the company which means you will certainly not be liquidating all of its assets to support yourself in the US.

However, like Simon already suggested, there's nothing wrong with your father making a transfer into your own personal account and providing you with a sworn affidavit stating that the transfer is a gift to you.

Just felt a need to clarify that!

Th
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no. You cannot present company assets, of which you're a co-director, as proof of your personal financial prowess. You do not wholly own the company which means you will certainly not be liquidating all of its assets to support yourself in the US.

However, like Simon already suggested, there's nothing wrong with your father making a transfer into your own personal account and providing you with a sworn affidavit stating that the transfer is a gift to you.

Just felt a need to clarify that!
Thank you very much Sm1smom

First I would to thanks all moderators for their valuble information and the time given by them to help others.

I have some worries on my I-134
My DV interveiw is on first Dec.2014 in Abu Dhabi, my question concerns my sponcor's "relative" financial instrument for I-134, his income is #$60840 , and his balance saving is just above $ 2300. He has son and daughter partially dependent and an other daughter fully dependent.

We are family of four ( kids 8 & 3 years old) . Will that be ok , I mean his income is suficient for all of us ?.

I will have my end services benefits from my current employer which will be about $85k , but I don't know how to prove it to CO as my employer will not give such sertificate, will print copy from pay slip from oracle not in letter head papers will be accepted ? or my I-134 will be ok?

Thanks in advance

First I would to thanks all moderators for their valuble information and the time given by them to help others.

I have some worries on my I-134
My DV interveiw is on first Dec.2014 in Abu Dhabi, my question concerns my sponcor's "relative" financial instrument for I-134, his income is #$60840 , and his balance saving is just above $ 2300. He has son and daughter partially dependent and an other daughter fully dependent.

We are family of four ( kids 8 & 3 years old) . Will that be ok , I mean his income is suficient for all of us ?.

I will have my end services benefits from my current employer which will be about $85k , but I don't know how to prove it to CO as my employer will not give such sertificate, will print copy from pay slip from oracle not in letter head papers will be accepted ? or my I-134 will be ok?

Thanks in advance

The U.S. poverty guideline requires a sponsor for a family of 8 (as in your case) to be earning an annual income of about $50,000 so your sponsor should be okay, not unless he's based in Alaska in which case he's expected to be making about $62,000 (but I don't even think the CO will be quite picky about that when it comes to DV cases). Present a copy of your sponsor's W2 with the affidavit of support and don't other to present his bank account statement unless requested for. Have your own pay slips too as back up financial support documents.

The U.S. poverty guideline requires a sponsor for a family of 8 (as in your case) to be earning an annual income of about $50,000 so your sponsor should be okay, not unless he's based in Alaska in which case he's expected to be making about $62,000 (but I don't even think the CO will be quite picky about that when it comes to DV cases). Present a copy of your sponsor's W2 with the affidavit of support and don't other to present his bank account statement unless requested for. Have your own pay slips too as back up financial support documents.
Thank you for your reply. I don't know what is W2, my sponsor provided me employment prove from his employer indicating the annual income is it what you call it W2?

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I don't know what is W2, my sponsor provided me employment prove from his employer indicating the annual income is it what you call it W2?

Thank you

It is an annual earning & tax statement for employees. Your sponsor will know what it is.

Thank you

Like Simon said, your sponsor knows what a W2 is. Just ask him/her to email it to you and you can present it with the AOS form in addition to the employment letter that has been provided.

Like Simon said, your sponsor knows what a W2 is. Just ask him/her to email it to you and you can present it with the AOS form in addition to the employment letter that has been provided.
dear @Sm1smom, is it possible to get the signed i-134 form and the supporting documents through scan and email system? Or...Is it must to have the original signed page through postal service?

dear @Sm1smom, is it possible to get the signed i-134 form and the supporting documents through scan and email system? Or...Is it must to have the original signed page through postal service?

Technically speaking, the affidavit is required to be presented with the original signature on it. However, one may be able to get away with a scanned copy if your embassy has not expressly requested that an applicant must present an affidavit, the original copy is properly scanned with a very good scanner, and the recipient is able to print it out using a top of the line printer (I have a printer at home where I sometimes struggle with identifying my original document from copies whenever I use the printer to make copies and got careless enough to mix up the documents).

So it's your call on what to do.

Technically speaking, the affidavit is required to be presented with the original signature on it. However, one may be able to get away with a scanned copy if your embassy has not expressly requested that an applicant must present an affidavit, the original copy is properly scanned with a very good scanner, and the recipient is able to print it out using a top of the line printer (I have a printer at home where I sometimes struggle with identifying my original document from copies whenever I use the printer to make copies and got careless enough to mix up the documents).

Agreed - we have seen at least one case where a CO refused the scanned document - but I bet others have accepted it...

Thanks @Britsimon and @Sm1smom.
So, we need to submit
1 - signed form
2 - copy of passport/LPR document, and
3 - copy of W2
Is this all about AoS? Nothing else to present with these?

Thanks @Britsimon and @Sm1smom.
So, we need to submit
1 - signed form
2 - copy of passport/LPR document, and
3 - copy of W2
Is this all about AoS? Nothing else to present with these?

Yes those should do, but if your sponsor is willing to throw in their employment letter and bank statement in addition, nothing wrong with that. If they're not, what you've listed should be okay.