Affidavit for Marriage Certificate

Asif2000

Registered Users (C)
My parents are elderly and don't have a marriage certificate (they married over 50 years ago). I am applying for their GC now and I need to send them a sample of an affidavit so they can get one prepared. Does anyone have that?

Thanks

My parents are elderly and don't have a marriage certificate (they married over 50 years ago). I am applying for their GC now and I need to send them a sample of an affidavit so they can get one prepared. Does anyone have that?

Thanks
Hi Asif
I submitted two affidavits from different people who witnessed my wedding and also ongoing marriage. You have to just little organized the document according to your parents requirement and asked them to get from their friends or relatives.I got it the basic text from www.visajourney.com

AFFADAVIT OF BONA FIDES MARITAL RELATIONSHIP

I, ..............., born [DATE OF BIRTH] in [PLACE OF BIRTH], currently residing at [STREET ADDRESS], in [STATE] MAKE OATH AND SAY THAT:
I know Mr and Mrs.................... for last ………..years. I met them for the first time on their ..........(any function).
I have attended many social and family functions with the couple including lunch/dinners. I am also aware of their kids and their families. Till date, I have maintained a close relationship with the couple.
Throughout the time I know them, they have maintained a genuine martial relationship.

A copy of picture is attached to my affidavit at any function.

Sworn to before me this

___ day of November, 2007

In such situation sometime it takes a long time in getting new marriage certificate. You have to submit affidavit then some other important documents also need to be submitted like photo and evidence, then within some time they will provide certificate...

You can also check online because there are services which could be easier to do. At times it's difficult to process everything because we have limited time. I got my grand parents marriage certificate online too.