• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AF and AS regions

Kitonyson

In my own opinion, I find it strange for two regions (EU & OC ) to get current in May whereas the other visa hungry regions are left behind. In this regard I bet NVC will consider "donating" the excess visas from these regions to AF and AS regions.

In my own opinion, I find it strange for two regions (EU & OC ) to get current in May whereas the other visa hungry regions are left behind. In this regard I bet NVC will consider "donating" the excess visas from these regions to AF and AS regions.

NVC has nothing to do with the DV process.

Does the NA region ever become current? If not, is it because it's such a small region that it's not necessary to? Or, because it IS a small region it should be current because of the amount of selectees? Just curious

Does the NA region ever become current? If not, is it because it's such a small region that it's not necessary to? Or, because it IS a small region it should be current because of the amount of selectees? Just curious

It is just too small a region to think about, too small to calculate the quota and so on. CEAC shows there are just 8 NA cases with the highest case number of 10. 7 and 9 are holes. So - the current VB means that 5 cases are already current, and 3 are waiting to become current. Two cases have been interviewed so far - both in Nassau - but like other regions the workload is spread over the year.

It is just too small a region to think about, too small to calculate the quota and so on. CEAC shows there are just 8 NA cases with the highest case number of 10. 7 and 9 are holes. So - the current VB means that 5 cases are already current, and 3 are waiting to become current. Two cases have been interviewed so far - both in Nassau - but like other regions the workload is spread over the year.

Ohhh okay!! Thanks for the explanation @Britsimon What do you mean by holes? Those numbers weren't chosen I presume?

I meant KCC.. you should have deciphered the typo.

1. I don't read people's minds
2. We've had people in the past who thought NVC had a part to play in the process.

So, I shouldn't have had to decipher anything, except point out the inaccuracy of your post so as to not get other members confused by it!