Advice on pushing asylum case

beccas

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone

It has been about 6 months since I had received a recommended approval for my asylum case, but it seems as though no progress is being made. At this point, is there anything I can do to push my case? It is nearing a year since I applied for my asylum here in the U.S. and it is really difficult to move forward with my life with the uncertain circumstance I am currently in. I am trying not to complain because I do understand that many people here have been waiting far longer just for an interview and I really hope that some progress is made soon. However, I must admit that it is very depressing being in this situation. I have no one here, or in my country of birth, to rely on and everything is becoming really difficult to manage without any glimmer of hope.

Please, your input would be appreciated. I have researched a bit about my options but it is hard to get an organization (legal) to help me. Again, anything would be appreciated. I really do not understand why a background check would take this long. :'(

Thank you in advance for your time.

I guess you have two options.
1- Just wait and wait and maybe send letters to them
2- Sue them in the federal court, I'm not sure even if that going to work.

beccas I am sorry for your situation but I can relate. I have no one in either country either so I understand what you are going through. Also I don't know how to live in the country (I have already spent a good chunk of my life here) and the other country is very dangerous for me - especially since I am alone there. At least you have a recommended approval. That is a really really really good thing. If you want there are some organizations that help asylum cases for free. However they may be hesitant to help since you already got a recommended approval. I would ask them anyway. Where are you located?

Hi Ms. A.

I have been attempting to find someone/organization that would help me file a Writ of Mandamus but like you mentioned, many are unwilling to help due to my having a recommended approval. Also, I am in the same state that you are in.

Not knowing anyone anywhere is really a struggle and I wish people who worked in these offices, particularly the asylum office understood this. Some people have been very rude and I can't understand how that's acceptable given the type of job and the people that the job is responsible for.

beccas I am sorry for your situation but I can relate. I have no one in either country either so I understand what you are going through. Also I don't know how to live in the country (I have already spent a good chunk of my life here) and the other country is very dangerous for me - especially since I am alone there. At least you have a recommended approval. That is a really really really good thing. If you want there are some organizations that help asylum cases for free. However they may be hesitant to help since you already got a recommended approval. I would ask them anyway. Where are you located?

beccas:

Again I think that since you will probably be approved they don't want to waste effort on your case and instead focus on other people who need it. However if you want to give it one last try, you are close enough to NYC and haven't tried this yet go to 333 7th Ave, New York, NY10001. In that building there are 2 nonprofit organizations that offer free legal advice/representation to people who need it and people who have reasonable cases. They are Human Rights First and HIAS. I don't remember which floor each is on but there is a list of them at the entrance and a doorman to help you at the entrance. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if anyone here ever filed a Writ of Mandamus after receiving a recommended approval. I would like to hear experiences and/or advice. Please, anything would be appreciated.

Thank you and I wish everyone the best with their cases.