Advice on applying for a second reentry permit

desilva

Hello, I am looking to apply for a second reentry permit (i131). I have already had one reentry permit (2 years) before while I was studying outside of the US. I have just come back to my home country from usa (stayed there for 1 month) and now the old permit will expire in November and I plan to do this:

Enter the US a couple of days before the expiry of the old reentry permit and stay there for two weeks. For these two weeks, I apply for the i131 straight after expiry and then exit the united states and later travel back for the biometrics in 4-6 weeks. Will the USCIS want my old expired reentry permit and if so how am I supposed to give it to them?

My reason for staying outside the US is employment and family based therefore I can't stay in the US for too long and have to travel back and forth. Do you think if I exit the US after expiration of my old reentry permit, I can run into trouble even though I will be back in 4-6 weeks for the biometrics appointment? What if I have a biometrics appointment letter in hand would that help my situation at the port of entry?

Thanks.

Last edited: