Advance Parole for people waiting for immigrant visa

MaxBaumgartner

Dear All,

If a person has his I-130 approved and is waiting for an immigrant visa number to be available (which takes about 6 years), can he apply for Advance Parole so that he can still leave the US and comes back without any problem.

Would that action be considered as abandoning his application?

I was reading the application for travel document. Under advance parole document it says:
If you are in the United States you may apply for Advance Parole document if you:
* have an adjustment of status application pending which is only being
  held in abeyance because a visa number is not immediately available and
  you seek to travel abroad for bona fide business or emergent personal
  reasons.
* have an adjustment of status application pending for any other reason
  and you seek to travel abroad for emergent personal or bona fide
  business reasons.
* hold refugee or asylum status and inted to depart temporarily to apply
  for a US immigrant visa in Canada.
* seek to travel abroad temporarily for emergent personal or bona fide
  business reasons.

Does the first point and/or the second point means he can apply for Advance Parole while waiting or an immigrant visa number to become available?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

No need for AP

Only if you're adjusting status (which will happen once your visa number is available, you can't adjust status now since you don't have a # yet) you would have to apply for AP. At this time, you're still a free bird and it's not considered abandonment, so you don't have to apply for AP. Good Luck
PS: I'm pretty much in the same boat as yourself. Do you know if there's any chance the dates would move in september, or they would restart moving dates in October (when the new fiscal year starts)?