• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Adress on DS-260 resident adress or just mailing?

Peter89A

Greetings. I´d like to start of by saying this forum and a lot of people have been a huge help on my journey to get my DV Green card.

Now to my question. The adress that you give on the DS-260, is that consider to be our "resident" adress in US or simply our mailing adress?
We called them and changed this adress the second we landed in US, as my friend who is suppose to collect our cards while we are abroad moved to another state.

Reason why i´m asking is that I´ve heard that you dont have to fill an Tax return if you dont have a resident adress in the US. Is that correct?

Your GCs might be delivered to the old address. We always tell people here to change the address at the latest at the POE.

What you heard about residency is wrong. You because liable to complete a tax return when you became an LPR, whether you live in the country or not.

Yes, we asked if we could change it at the POE, but the officer said no. We had to call USCIS. But the GC is at the new adress along my SSN :)

I see. Good to know!

Furthermore if you try get out of paying tax by claiming your residency is elsewhere you risk losing your green card.