Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

OMG, folks! Those stories are horrible. That's my biggest concern too - that IO will ask something like 10 years back and I will have no idea how to prove that. Or will be pending another 6 months. Or something else. Sounds like they don't follow any rules, but just do whatever they want....

after 10 years i have been asked for this J1 waiver which i do not have.
but i received an L1 visa and after H1 and extensions during the 10 year
now i am in the final stages of getting the green card, USCIS has requested me to prove that i had a J1 waiver. i am not sure how 11 years ago my lawyer got me the visa with out the waiver.
does any one recommend a good lawer or any suggestions.
thank you
hchatwal

hchatwal, some J comes without the waiver. I know several examples. Do you have old docs by any chance? I can recommend you my lawyer, but you probably not in my area (she does consultations on phone though if you are interested).

it has been 90 days since our interview...no reply, change of status online or anything...i am tired of waiting maybe he will wait until the end of the 180 days period...

Hello Astra 1234, we're in the same boat, for us it's been 115 days since initial interview and nothing nothing at all. Keep in touch and I will do the same.

Hello Astra 1234, we're in the same boat, for us it's been 115 days since initial interview and nothing nothing at all. Keep in touch and I will do the same.

Don't lose hope yet, you guys. Just keep doing what you're doing and your time will come. Easier said than done, but know that everyone here went through or still going through all the waiting, you are not all alone. Keep believing.

no LUDs online, and we went for infopass, the lady was able to tell us that the interviewer had decided we needed a second interview, but we haven't had a date yet (infopass was on may 5th 09)

Just wondering did anyone have LUDs on-line AFTER the interview?

at least you know you are having a second interview..i have no updates on my case..

We know because we went to an infopass appointment, otherwise we wouldn't have known anything.
Maybe you should get an infopass appointment and you may find out something.

Last edited by a moderator: