Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

Hey, guys and gals, So my husband (USC) and I received a letter for the Stokes today:(. I truly felt like crying but I couldn't, because deep down I felt it was coming. In one section, it says:REASON FOR APPOINTMENT-I-130 APPLICATION FILED BY SPOUSE. And it says: NON-IMMIGRANT/STOKES UNIT, beneath the location address. The interview is in July, my husband keeps apologizing because he got one question wrong and he was nervous like hell, I don't blame him but he blames himself. I think we focused too much on getting the answers right that we probably came off like it was rehearsed. I have bad short term memory, so we had to go over alot of little details. the I O hardly asked me any thing though, I think thats why my husband got so nervous, because she basically questioned him the most. I the letter, They asked us to bring everything from the first interview plus 2 passport photos( 1 of each of us).
The upside of it too me is that, if all goes well I will receive a 10 year green card instead of a 2 year because our second anniversary is in June.

Keep on truckin', shyrmpie. At least once you guys pass the 2nd interview, you'll get the permanent GC & won't have to worry about it for another 10 years. According to your timeline, seems like processing time went faster for you. My husband & I sent his out in September/October & just had our interview on the 14th.

Relax next time you go. I wish you guys the best of luck!! :)

Shrympie everything happens for a reason now after your second interview you will recieve your permanent GC instead of a two years..

Congratulations!

And congratulations! in your second wedding aniversity.

Thank you wcs1885, I thought that was quick too, comparing to Sept- Nov timelines . Co.ador thats the same way I feel about it. I'm atleast thankful that I am going through this process because alot of people are not able to for whatever the reason. I couldn't even imagine having a greencard 8 years ago. So I consider myself blessed. Also i may not have to deal with the USCIS for a while:) Thank you

Shrympie, I wish there was something one could say to make it feel better. There is power in prayers and that is what we will do.

Thank you so much,I really appriciate that. I truly believe in GOD and I know that nothing happens without a reason.

Johndeal,

We were in Tampa and got adjudicative review. It was hell. We got three questions wrong. The officer did not want to say "yes" during the whole interview. At the end, a letter that decision within 180!!! days will be made? How was it in your case?

Johndeal,

We were in Tampa and got adjudicative review. It was hell. We got three questions wrong. The officer did not want to say "yes" during the whole interview. At the end, a letter that decision within 180!!! days will be made? How was it in your case?

I got 4 questions wrong and 30 days review....

Still waiting - Frustrated more than ever

I had my interview a month ago, took all the paperwork and then the interviewer said they would mail a decision in the mail.

Nothing online, nothing in the mail. Usual questions where asked, couple things that the interviewer asked about...

1. How come you got married only after 6 months
2. My wife gets a housing allowance with her job, and she signed a lease two weeks before we got married. We use the apt for visitors and storage for all her stuff that she doesnt use. (everything is at our house adress, drivers licence, bills cc statements et cetera)
3. we didnt have a big wedding, its not our style, we kinda eloped, is that a problem?

I have a local Congresswoman who is going to inquire about it with immigration, but i am nervous about this....why the extended delay??

They asked my wife a question about my arrest (evading and eluding on a dirt bike, charges where dropped) - she knew the correct answers, and we never even discused that, it happened three years ago...

So i am anxious and nervous and hate this waiting...whats the average time it takes to get a response?

I had my interview a month ago, took all the paperwork and then the interviewer said they would mail a decision in the mail.

Nothing online, nothing in the mail. Usual questions where asked, couple things that the interviewer asked about...

1. How come you got married only after 6 months
2. My wife gets a housing allowance with her job, and she signed a lease two weeks before we got married. We use the apt for visitors and storage for all her stuff that she doesnt use. (everything is at our house adress, drivers licence, bills cc statements et cetera)
3. we didnt have a big wedding, its not our style, we kinda eloped, is that a problem?

I have a local Congresswoman who is going to inquire about it with immigration, but i am nervous about this....why the extended delay??

They asked my wife a question about my arrest (evading and eluding on a dirt bike, charges where dropped) - she knew the correct answers, and we never even discused that, it happened three years ago...

So i am anxious and nervous and hate this waiting...whats the average time it takes to get a response?

Mine took a month before I got a "card production ordered" notice. Interview on Feb 9th, no decision. Card production message on March 11th. Actual green card on March 23rd. You can read my interview experience in this thread and in the August 2008 filers thread. Good luck to you!

Everything certainly happens for a reason, but guess what happened Shrympiethe day of my interview it came across that the officer started to asked a lots of question to my wife

why didn't your parent went to the ceremony and she answered because of cultural diferences and distance, then the officer kept on asking what cultural differences? and where does your parents live? and my wife said the truth That "he doesn't believe in God" Whch is true in a sense I have always told her that, even though deep inside I know it is very confusing and there should be a God somehow, she said the truth and guess what! in my mind I said this is the end "not green card"...

and amazingly 6 days after I got an approval letter.

God will be with you Shrympie!

Demostrate them your marriaged is bonafided i think what they really care is believing if your marriage is bonafied, and we demostrated by showing them Rental lease agreement, bank statements, car insurance bill statements and by oddly taking our churhc Baptism of both of us, as a proof of residency and evidence it was made in the same day as creating family ties and as well, among other documents such as phone bill statemtents etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, I didn't visit forum for a few weeks and soo many posts already! New people same story:)))) Guys congrats to all of you who got that GOLD Card))) and patience to all of you who is waiting for it! It will come, do not worry, I know that's almost impossible to wait more, when you already spent so much time, patience, but it will come in mail SOOON!!!

Everything certainly happens for a reason, but guess what happened Shrympiethe day of my interview it came across that the officer started to asked a lots of question to my wife

why didn't your parent went to the ceremony and she answered because of cultural diferences and distance, then the officer kept on asking what cultural differences? and where does your parents live? and my wife said the truth That "he doesn't believe in God" Whch is true in a sense I have always told her that, even though deep inside I know it is very confusing and there should be a God somehow, she said the truth and guess what! in my mind I said this is the end "not green card"...

and amazingly 6 days after I got an approval letter.

God will be with you Shrympie!

Demostrate them your marriaged is bonafided i think what they really care is believing if your marriage is bonafied, and we demostrated by showing them Rental lease agreement, bank statements, car insurance bill statements and by oddly taking our churhc Baptism of both of us, as a proof of residency and evidence it was made in the same day as creating family ties and as well, among other documents such as phone bill statemtents etc.

CONGRATS co.ador!!! So happy for you! We told you, it's gonna be ok, and finally u got it!!!

I just got my hubby's conditional GC approval letter in the mail today... 2 days after our interview w/ no final decision. Currently, the status on the site is still "case pending"... assuming all is okay, how long does it take for you to get your GC in your hands after the approval letter?

well, we received GC in mail 13 days after the interview

OMG, I didn't visit forum for a few weeks and soo many posts already! New people same story:)))) Guys congrats to all of you who got that GOLD Card))) and patience to all of you who is waiting for it! It will come, do not worry, I know that's almost impossible to wait more, when you already spent so much time, patience, but it will come in mail SOOON!!!

Welcome back BlueSky09! I am in my home country right now and will be here thru May 14th! I arrived last week, so will be here for a month. I haven't been home in 4 years. Vacation time! When I return to Denver, it's Look-for-a-Job time! :) hahahhaha!

Wife's I-130 and I-485 Approved

Hi all,

It seems that the original October thread had disappeared completely. I had all my updates in there. But anyway, me and my wife had the interview in Newark, NJ last April 15. The IO asked me (petitioner) at the onset "let me see if I can catch you, what's your wife's birthday?" Then he asked my wife about the yes and no questions, asked for the marriage certificate, joint bank accounts, wedding and travel pictures. Took her I-94 but EAD and travel document. Then he showed us the screen of his computer so my wife can verify her name, spelling, etc. and then on top of the screen we saw card production ordered :)

Filed I-130/I-485/EAD/Travel document.............10/21/2008
Interview ....................................................04/15/2009
Welcome letter & notice of approval of I-130 .....04/20/2009
Waiting for the actual GC

congrats Vuenj for your wife!

hey l lovethe80's I was going to asked yesterday when were you going to go home and hey here is the information, Have fun in there I can't wait to go to my home country as well. Welcome back Bluesky thank you Now it' time to enjoy the Greencard live. And for those who haven't get it yet you will guys

I love you all.

Welcome back BlueSky09! I am in my home country right now and will be here thru May 14th! I arrived last week, so will be here for a month. I haven't been home in 4 years. Vacation time! When I return to Denver, it's Look-for-a-Job time! :) hahahhaha!

Thank you ilovethe80s! ;) ENJOY your vacation, oh HOME sweet home :D That is so wonderful to meet all of your relatives, friends and just be home!!!
Relax and have fun there, don't think now about any "business" that you'll do back here;) BTW we are expecting our relatives to come over here during the summer:D Yay!!!

Hi all,

It seems that the original October thread had disappeared completely. I had all my updates in there. But anyway, me and my wife had the interview in Newark, NJ last April 15. The IO asked me (petitioner) at the onset "let me see if I can catch you, what's your wife's birthday?" Then he asked my wife about the yes and no questions, asked for the marriage certificate, joint bank accounts, wedding and travel pictures. Took her I-94 but EAD and travel document. Then he showed us the screen of his computer so my wife can verify her name, spelling, etc. and then on top of the screen we saw card production ordered :)

Filed I-130/I-485/EAD/Travel document.............10/21/2008
Interview ....................................................04/15/2009
Welcome letter & notice of approval of I-130 .....04/20/2009
Waiting for the actual GC

Congratulations vueNJ!!!:D