• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

added DS 260 for son

prettyprish

Hi.
I have been scheduled for an interview in august 2016. On my original entry I put my two daughters and husband but failed to add my 18yr old son becoz he was in boarding school and couldn't access him for a dv photo. I called my consular where my interview is scheduled and told them about my case,,, they said, that is very easy, and asked me to send them his birth certificate and passport copy and a small explanatory note. I did it and they sent me a link to fill in his DS260 form. I did fill it and submitted it.
My worry is, do you think I might still have a chance to be given the visa with my family.,or I shouldn't waste my money. Please advise,,,, am in panic mode now.

I will be pleasantly surprised if the case doesn't get denied at the end of the day, even with the embassy telling you 'that is very easy'. And I'm also curious to know which embassy that is.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding somewhere. The embassy staff either did not realize the child was left off the eDV or didn't understand the import of that. The CO will understand, and will disqualify the case.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding somewhere. The embassy staff either did not realize the child was left off the eDV or didn't understand the import of that. The CO will understand, and will disqualify the case.

Yeah, that's precisely what I think has happened so far.

I read on the net once about a similar case where a family who hadn't included their 2.5yr old in original entry werre given but the child was not given. The child was 2.5yrs at interview. Must have been born before entry from calculations.
I think such issues should be relaxed abit because some reasons are genuine.

I read on the net once about a similar case where a family who hadn't included their 2.5yr old in original entry werre given but the child was not given. The child was 2.5yrs at interview. Must have been born before entry from calculations.

That is ridiculous.

That's very hard to believe. Which embassy was that? You're probably not going to say, since how you've refused to tell us your own embassy.

Anyway, I'm certain no CO would have approved the case as described. Do you have a link to this story?

Oh and by the way, the comment that "some reasons are genuine" most certainly does not apply in your case since you stated you couldn't get a photo of your 18 year old son as he was at boarding school. That same 18 year old son probably takes 20+ selfies a day, but you couldn't get one photo from him????

Below is the story

Hi there everyone

Well since we received the news about winning the DV greencard Lottery i have visited this site on a daily basis, following your stories and advice....now i need help of my own which i dont see anyone else here that has gone through or mentioned the same situation we are in now.

We a family of four won the 2012DV, went throught the entire process, medicals, interveiws and what nots..

They told us at the interview that our youngest (2.5years) did not qualify because he was not on the initial application as he wasnt born yet!

When we were informed we had won, we received all forms to complete and send to Kentucky, i had made sure to ask about our little boy and said all i had to do was include his details in the DS forms, which i did.

couple months later we received notification that all 4
confused.png
of us had been granted the interview...so we went, and were then told the bad news

We still went ahead anyway with the other 3 VISA even though they told us that technically we should be disqualified and planned to apply for him at a later stage.

Received our visas and envelopes last wednesday, What do we do now?
We need to fly within a couple weeks to ensure our medicals dont expire and for hubby to find work etc,

Question 1: We have to leave him behind, so i plan to come back and then start his application, do i have to wait till i physically have the Green Card or is the "stamp" they give you at the airport (the 1year temporary card) sufficient for me to do this in the mean time

Question 2: Do i have to apply for the re entry if i leave(i have been told his application could take upto 7 months)

I really hope someone has been in the same situation, if not, my next step is to chat to an immi lawyer

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you

Oh and by the way, the comment that "some reasons are genuine" most certainly does not apply in your case since you stated you couldn't get a photo of your 18 year old son as he was at boarding school. That same 18 year old son probably takes 20+ selfies a day, but you couldn't get one photo from him????
Not him. In my country not everyone has a smart phone or can afford to get for their children

Below is the story

Hi there everyone

Well since we received the news about winning the DV greencard Lottery i have visited this site on a daily basis, following your stories and advice....now i need help of my own which i dont see anyone else here that has gone through or mentioned the same situation we are in now.

We a family of four won the 2012DV, went throught the entire process, medicals, interveiws and what nots..

They told us at the interview that our youngest (2.5years) did not qualify because he was not on the initial application as he wasnt born yet!

When we were informed we had won, we received all forms to complete and send to Kentucky, i had made sure to ask about our little boy and said all i had to do was include his details in the DS forms, which i did.

confused.png
of us had been granted the interview...so we went, and were then told the bad news

We still went ahead anyway with the other 3 VISA even though they told us that technically we should be disqualified and planned to apply for him at a later stage.

We need to fly within a couple weeks to ensure our medicals dont expire and for hubby to find work etc,

Question 1: We have to leave him behind, so i plan to come back and then start his application, do i have to wait till i physically have the Green Card or is the "stamp" they give you at the airport (the 1year temporary card) sufficient for me to do this in the mean time

Question 2: Do i have to apply for the re entry if i leave(i have been told his application could take upto 7 months)

I really hope someone has been in the same situation, if not, my next step is to chat to an immi lawyer

This is completely different from your case scenario. The baby wasn't included on the eDV because he wasn't born yet. Those who initially told the person who wrote this story we're obviously wrong - the family most definitely qualified - and the baby should have been granted a visa too.

Below is the story

Hi there everyone

confused.png

Well there are obvious inconsistencies in this story.

First, the child could not have been 2.5 years old. The maximum age of a child who was not born at the time of the DV entry is less than 2 years old (depending on the date the interview took place.

So - either of these is correct (if we take the story as meant in good faith).
1. The age of the child is wrong (and the child was not born when the eDV was completed)
2. The child was 2.5 at interview and therefore was born when the eDV entry was made but was missing.

Option 1 could have the result described in the story.
Option 2 could only lead to disqualification.

Your scenario is like option 2.

The rules on the entry form are very clear. If one is unable to follow the rules then one has to expect problems to follow. I'm sure everyone who breaks a rule can come up with a "genuine" reason, that's the problem with making exceptions ...soon so many exceptions get made that the rule becomes useless...and that's why they don't make them.

And yes it's been said but, the example you gave showed the child was not yet born at the time of entry, that is a different situation to yours - also covered on the link I posted earlier.

If you go ahead with the interview, please come back and post the outcome, it would be useful to future people reading the forum.

Won't go ahead with interview. Its a big risk. Its alot of money implicatef.Will try again dv lottery this year.

Probably best idea, sadly. Make sure to take a picture of your son during a vacation if he will be away again during the next entry period.