• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Activate GC in U.S. territories (South Pacific)

Farma

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody !

Since my husband and I got have been successful to the interview and got our green card approval few days ago, we are wondering if we really need to travel to US for activating the green card.
For example, can we activate the green card by travelling to Guam or Marshall Islands, which are U.S. territories in South Pacific ? What about Hawaii ? As we currently live in New Caledonia, it is much closer than main territories in US !

I can't find any information on internet... so maybe somebody have an idea ?

Thank you !

Hi everybody !

Since my husband and I got have been successful to the interview and got our green card approval few days ago, we are wondering if we really need to travel to US for activating the green card.
For example, can we activate the green card by travelling to Guam or Marshall Islands, which are U.S. territories in South Pacific ? What about Hawaii ? As we currently live in New Caledonia, it is much closer than main territories in US !

Thank you !

Hawaii would absolutely be ok.

For othe Port of Entry, you can see this list below does have Guam - but I encourage you to check further about that?
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/88037.pdf

Hi everybody !

Thank you !

Hawaii is a state, not a territory...

Marshall Islands is an independent country, not a U.S. territory. The only inhabited U.S. territories in the Pacific are Guam, Northern Marianas, and American Samoa (only American Samoa is in the South Pacific). Hawaii is a state.

So Newacct, you mean we can not activate the GC in Guam or American Samoa ? I think you mean Habited U.S. territories, and not inhabited ?

Hi there, I was wondering whether anyone on here has actually activated their green cards in Guam? I've read a few posts on this forum, as well as some other forums from a few years ago that people say it should be fine. However, if you check this following website of the US Customs and Border Protection http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports (and click on GUAM on the map), it says "There are no ports in hi.", which is a bit confusing seeing as Guam is a US territory. The reason why I ask is that it will be considerably less expensive to travel to Guam to activate the green card, than to travel to Hawaii for instance.

'Habited' is an old way of saying 'dressed', and can be used to describe someone wearing a habit (nun). 'Inhabited' means there are people.

Hi there, I was wondering whether anyone on here has actually activated their green cards in Guam? I've read a few posts on this forum, as well as some other forums from a few years ago that people say it should be fine. However, if you check this following website of the US Customs and Border Protection http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports (and click on GUAM on the map), it says "There are no ports in hi.", which is a bit confusing seeing as Guam is a US territory. The reason why I ask is that it will be considerably less expensive to travel to Guam to activate the green card, than to travel to Hawaii for instance.

And this?
http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/hagatna-guam

Well, actually Many people from Asia-Pacific activated there GC in Guam. I have read some Taiwanese forum talking about this. It's ok.