• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Acro Police Certificate U. K Please comment on my case

Police certificate validity varies by country. But again - the information you cross posted (on this thread and another) is part of the standard instructions. There is no need to post it.

Yes Police certificates validity differs by country, the Egyptian is valid for 3 months, the Saudi is valid for only 45 days. But what I simply understood from the Department of State's website is that embassies accept certificates within one year of its issuance.

Yes Police certificates validity differs by country, the Egyptian is valid for 3 months, the Saudi is valid for only 45 days. But what I simply understood from the Department of State's website is that embassies accept certificates within one year of its issuance.

Whether to accept a police cert or not is up to the CO and procedures at the embassy. So, the correct approach is to use a more recent police cert - except in the circumstances we have explained.

Of co
Whether to accept a police cert or not is up to the CO and procedures at the embassy. So, the correct approach is to use a more recent police cert - except in the circumstances we have explained.
Of course the CO can accept or refuse any document and without giving reasons for that. I really do not understand why you keep arguing on a matter that is clearly explained on the Department of State website.
Yesterday I emailed the embassy in Cairo regarding this point and today they responded confirming that Police Certificates are valid for one year.

Of co

Of course the CO can accept or refuse any document and without giving reasons for that. I really do not understand why you keep arguing on a matter that is clearly explained on the Department of State website.
Yesterday I emailed the embassy in Cairo regarding this point and today they responded confirming that Police Certificates are valid for one year.

Keep arguing??? I think you will find that is what YOU are doing. I am simply stating the best approach based on several years of experience in dealing with these matters having observed thousands of cases. I have known embassies ask for newer police reports. Your full experience is clicking a link and sending an email to ONE of the 200 embassies! So feel free to govern yourself but leave the advice giving to those with more experience!

Keep arguing??? I think you will find that is what YOU are doing. I am simply stating the best approach based on several years of experience in dealing with these matters having observed thousands of cases. I have known embassies ask for newer police reports. Your full experience is clicking a link and sending an email to ONE of the 200 embassies! So feel free to govern yourself but leave the advice giving to those with more experience!
Personal experiences has no value at all in my opinion when there is clear instructions set up by the relevant authority. I learned through my work experiences that I have to rely only on official guidelines and instructions and not on personal experiences. The point I am standing for is very clear through the Department of State's website and through direct communication with a US embassy.

I think it is useless for me and for other forum members to go further in this discussion.

Thanks

Personal experiences has no value at all in my opinion when there is clear instructions set up by the relevant authority. I learned through my work experiences that I have to rely only on official guidelines and instructions and not on personal experiences. The point I am standing for is very clear through the Department of State's website and through direct communication with a US embassy.

I think it is useless for me and for other forum members to go further in this discussion.

Thanks

Did I say these were my personal experiences? No. This is experience built up through many other cases. In fact you only had to check out the Acro site (the point of this particular thread) to see their validity is stated as being 6 months.

However, you are correct about one thing. You should stop commenting now.

But as I said please understand that people that come here are best served by listening to the experience which sometimes has more nuance than what is stated even in generic official pages.

There is no need to answer this in any way, so I will delete any further comment you make on this subject. I would prefer my accurate statement to stand, rather than your inaccurate and argumentative tone.

Thanks

We have seen people here reporting that they got placed on AP because their police certificates had expired even though it was less than a year. I know for an absolute fact that in my country where the police certificates are valid for 6 months, people will need to get a new one if the certificate is even one day past that 6 month validity at the time of the visa interview, notwithstanding the DOS guideline that you posted.

We have seen people here reporting that they got placed on AP because their police certificates had expired even though it was less than a year. I know for an absolute fact that in my country where the police certificates are valid for 6 months, people will need to get a new one if the certificate is even one day past that 6 month validity at the time of the visa interview, notwithstanding the DOS guideline that you posted.

Quite. We have also seen people being asked for police certs for countries where they had resided for less than one year (like 10 or 11 months), which is again contrary to posted guidelines.

If I have a police certificate from my home country, where I lived 18 years, and it was issued in August, is it ok for interview if it's older than 6 months given that I have (not) visited my home country ever since the certificate was issued?

Thanks again.

If I have a police certificate from my home country, where I lived 18 years, and it was issued in August, is it ok for interview if it's older than 6 months given that I have (not) visited my home country ever since the certificate was issued?

Thanks again.

Typically a CO will accept a police cert older than the validity of the police cert itself IF it is clear that you have not returned to that country since the police cert was issued. However, if you want to reduce the risk, and you are waiting for the visa interview anyway, you may want to apply for a new police cert just to remove the doubt.

Friends,

I was in UK for 5 years, there were charges placed against me, However before the plea, the case were withdrawn and it was conveyed to me by my lawyer that case against me has been withdrawn by the court and prosecution would not be sought against me.

In this scenario, now if I'm trying to emigrate in other country, would the details of charges be there on "Police certificate" i.e. for emigration purpose?

Humble request for a quick reply please.

Last edited: