• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

about mutiple entries

boo3

Registered Users (C)
I heard that you are automatically disqualified if you submit multiple entries, how about if someone knows your full name and submit multiple entries, are you going to be disqualified as well, is there any way to make sure someone do not register with your full name.

It might a sound as a weird question but i was thinking about it :(

wow.. this is an interesting question. Never thought about it. Not only they would need your full name, but your photo (matching the criteria), and date of birth and place of birth. Let's say if they have all these... (personal sabotage).... then I think you are out of luck, you will be disqualified and you won't have any way to prove that you didn't do it...

So more the reasons to keep your friends close and enemies closer :cool:

Disclosing full personal information to any other person that may use those info to enter you in a DV program is your own responsibility (this may apply to any programs were registration can be made online or without further verification of the person that enter the information)
For this reason USCIS and the State Department is advising on their website to not use services of any company or person to enter the DV Lottery
Any multiple entries in the program (regardless of the person or entity that register the entry) will disqualify the registered person (entrant) for that annual DV program (it may also trigger an advise to USCIS on future entries , but this is only my supposition)

Name is not used in identifying duplicate entries. Your date of birth and photo are. At the interview consul would veryfy your date of birth and your photo against your birth certificate and your appearance. If your DOB differs or the photo is not yours, your entry is disqualified

Raevsky the question was about entering multiple times in the same year not about the consular check.
Anyway you're right, if any of the documents or information will not pass the checking made by the officers at the consulate/embassy , the entry is disqualified.

Facial recognition software detects multiple entries based on your date of birth and photo. It is assumed all mitliple entries will have your real DOB and will have your real photo. Then it is easy to detect dublicate entries.
If your DOB on your entry or your photo on the entry is not yours, the entry will not be detected as dublicate, but you will not be able to use it to get a visa because consul would figure out DOB or photo is not yours.

so after they make the selection and for ex. realize that the selectee has a duplicate they disqualify him and how does he know he's been disqualified?

I heard that you are automatically disqualified if you submit multiple entries, how about if someone knows your full name and submit multiple entries, are you going to be disqualified as well, is there any way to make sure someone do not register with your full name.

It might a sound as a weird question but i was thinking about it :(
Yes, someone could sabotage an applicant's legitimate entry by submitting another with the same biographic information. If it's an exact duplicate it is disqualified by the KCC. If it not exact, it will lead to disqualification at the Consulate stage.

It does not matter how a duplicate entry was submitted, even if it was malicious. Accidental duplicate entries frequently occur when people seek the assistance of “Visa Consultants,” “Visa Agents,” or other Diversity Visa "facilitators" to submit their entries on their behalf. You can buy the services of these agents for a period of time that exceeds a single DV Lottery year, however the applicant may have forgotten this, and after the first year of using the agent continued to submit his or her details alongside that of the agent, thereby triggering a duplicate entry and disqualification for years until the contract expires.

@macemk If multiple entries with the same biographic information will be detected, the entrant will be disqualified and will never enter in the selectee pool of that year (I don't know for sure but I think that no warning about the disqualification will be available - this thing have to be confirmed by other entrants from past DV processes). If for any reasons, duplicate entries will pass and the entrant will get selected for interview but the consular verification will acknowledge the entry as duplicate, the candidate will be disqualified and they will probably warn the candidate explaining the motives of the disqualification (same thing may happen if documents presented on the interview will not reflect the information sent by the entrant on his/her first entry online or on any other documents or information provided by the selectee to KCC)
As pointed in my past reply to this thread or by post from slash_dot, kavisiromani or other users, it doesn't matter how the duplicate entry was submited or by who. The State Dep. and USCIS is advising on their website to not use services of any company or person to enter the DV Lottery. This warning is available also on the website designated for the DV Lottery

@macemk If multiple entries with the same biographic information will be detected, the entrant will be disqualified and will never enter in the selectee pool of that year (I don't know for sure but I think that no warning about the disqualification will be available - this thing have to be confirmed by other entrants from past DV processes). If for any reasons, duplicate entries will pass and the entrant will get selected for interview but the consular verification will acknowledge the entry as duplicate, the candidate will be disqualified and they will probably warn the candidate explaining the motives of the disqualification (same thing may happen if documents presented on the interview will not reflect the information sent by the entrant on his/her first entry online or on any other documents or information provided by the selectee to KCC)
As pointed in my past reply to this thread or by post from slash_dot, kavisiromani or other users, it doesn't matter how the duplicate entry was submited or by who. The State Dep. and USCIS is advising on their website to not use services of any company or person to enter the DV Lottery. This warning is available also on the website designated for the DV Lottery

thank you! the thing is that i didn't read anything about the lottery before applying, cause didn't even mean to apply I just went to an agency for something else and ended up applying for the DV through them and now reading this kinda makes me nervous thinking that maybe for some reason I have a multiple entry made by the agent but then why would they do that. :) I guess we're stressing for nothing as always, it's a normal reaction I think whenever something is very important to us :)

You can buy the services of these agents for a period of time that exceeds a single DV Lottery year, however the applicant may have forgotten this, and after the first year of using the agent continued to submit his or her details alongside that of the agent, thereby triggering a duplicate entry and disqualification for years until the contract expires
Not that simple. Photos are valid for not more than 6 months and could not be used for more than one lottery entry. Using the same photo for two lotteries could be a reason to disqualify the entry. However, I do not beleive this check has been implemented yet. Potentially, it would be implemented and let's condier the following pattern:
2010. Photo A is submitted
2011. Photo A is submitted by the same middleman, and photo B is submitted by the entrant.

They could detect in 2011 Photo A is no longer valid because it was already submitted in 2010. So, they remove the entry for photo A and Photo B is not a duplicate.

Last edited by a moderator:
@raevsky According to the regulations , USCIS or State Department will never interfere with submitted entries so I don't think they will change the rules in the future and delete an entry that was considered valid in the first place. And I don't think they will implement some software to recognize photos that were submitted in a previous year and that recognition will be available in the first step when submitting the entry. There is no reason to do so and not doing this will help them disqualify some entrants just because they don't pay attention to rules.

@raevsky According to the regulations , USCIS or State Department will never interfere with submitted entries
What regulations? What do you mean by interfering?

so I don't think they will change the rules in the future and delete an entry that was considered valid in the first place.
There no published rules on that case. They could change anything unpublished right away.

And I don't think they will implement some software to recognize photos that were submitted in a previous year and that recognition will be available in the first step when submitting the entry. There is no reason to do so
From my point there is a definite reason - prevent submitting entries year-by-year with the same photos.

and not doing this will help them disqualify some entrants just because they don't pay attention to rules.
Right on the contrary. Currently if your entry is submitted every year with the same photo, it is not caught provided there is no duplicate entries each year.

Regulations - rules that apply to a specific program or project in this case to DV program - available online on USCIS's website
To interfere with - to meddle with something or someone's affairs (see online dictionary)
And yes,there are rules and regulation regarding the entry process of DV program and any other aditional steps.Also rules and regulations regarding any visa process (see USCIS or State Dep. Website)
There is no point on implementing this kind of process like photo rec. because, after being selected, one can be disqualified in the next step on documentation review at the consulate/embassy were the documentation (photo) will not be the same with the one submitted in the first place

I specifically concentrate on the situation like the following.
Every year a middleman submits an entry for the same person, each time the photo is the same. At certain point he wins and gets the visa, even though the photo is 3 years old. That violates the rule, but nobody cares.
I am sure they are working on eliminating entries like that.

Raevsky getting selected is not the same with actual winning of the visa and GC (there are about 50% chances depending on the area - according to internet info, about 50% of the selectees will be disqualified for not meeting all other requirements or for other documentation reasons) After getting selected you have to prove that all the information on the entry are correct and can be verified (photo inclusive)
So submitting a 3yo photo can trigger some problems when the consulate/embassy will review your file so disqualification will be triggered and the selected entry will be invalidated.

Unfortunately, consulate is not informed that this particular photo was used several times for sumbitting entry. Beacuse KCC does not currently provide this type of check.

I've not statted that KCC will release this kind of information but there may be some kind of steps in the verification process where the consulate/embassy may see that documentation is not according to reality.
Btw, are you working with KCC?

Not with KCC directly. I am working with several forums. I could say I am closely looking at the practices KCC does. I saw dozens of cases like that. And no denials on that reason. Makes me confident they do not exist so far.
Also, I am pretty sure in DV-2012 KCC did a lot of selections with repeated photos. Moreover, I am pretty sure not more than a tiny percentage could be denied selection, if any.

Facial recognition software detects multiple entries based on your date of birth and photo. It is assumed all mitliple entries will have your real DOB and will have your real photo. Then it is easy to detect dublicate entries.
If your DOB on your entry or your photo on the entry is not yours, the entry will not be detected as dublicate, but you will not be able to use it to get a visa because consul would figure out DOB or photo is not yours.

This information is inaccurate. Facial recognition compares your photo against all other entrants in the entire DV database by gender and by region. It does not just compare it against all other entrants with the same DOB as you.

From USCIS "all principal applicant entries selected in the lottery are checked with facial recognition software against galleries (by region and by gender) drawn from the entire e-DV database to further eliminate duplicate
entries based on photo matches"