• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About bad medical result?

My X-ray result was not good:(.Any experiences like this?Please help me!

For TB? What did the doctor say? Usually they need to put you on a course of treatment if you test positive for TB, did he mention anything about this? I must be very frank, if this is the case, I'm not sure if you have enough time to go through the treatment regime, get a new clean medical and still get your visa before Sept 30/or 50k issued.

There might be tuberculosis.And doctor said that they need to check it again. and it takes 56 days but I have no time to wait.Interview is scheduled Aug/20.What should I do?Iam so upset...

If its TB and its first stage, than it will be curable hopefully, so if you decide to go on with your application, they will probably put you on AP pending on medicals, and you will have to show a remarkable result soon, because the visas are not gonna last until, september.
And also there is only 50days left for the DV14 to shut down.

You will have to take your own decision my friend.

Good luck

Last edited:
If its TB and its first stage, than it will be curable hopefully, so if you decide to go on with your application, they will probably put you on AP pending on medicals, and you will have to show a remarkable result soon, because the visas are not gonna last until, september.
And also there is only 70days left for the DV14 to shut down.

Good luck
Thank you so much Vladik

And also there is only 70days left for the DV14 to shut down.

Good luck

70 days?

Yeah. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think there is time to sort this one out :(

My X-ray result was not good:(.Any experiences like this?Please help me!
Sorry Nyamka,

by 'not good' you mean opacities were visible on the PA. Well they will need to confirm if this is full blown TB or scares left from an earlier infection. They will usually require you have a sputum test carried out and unfortunately it takes about 8 weeks to culture before they can confirm it is TB. A newer test is available but I am not sure many centres have this yet. Once the sputum test is negative then you are good to go but if it is postive, then you have to go an a 6 month regimen to treat the TB. You will also have to be tested for HIV as this is now standard since the treatment of TB with an HIV positive person is different from that of a negative person. For overall implication is that you will not have much time left to submit your medical and have an interview. On the other hand once you are negative you have some relief and if you are positive you start on treatment ASAP. I hope this helps

Sorry Nyamka,

by 'not good' you mean opacities were visible on the PA. Well they will need to confirm if this is full blown TB or scares left from an earlier infection. They will usually require you have a sputum test carried out and unfortunately it takes about 8 weeks to culture before they can confirm it is TB. A newer test is available but I am not sure many centres have this yet. Once the sputum test is negative then you are good to go but if it is postive, then you have to go an a 6 month regimen to treat the TB. You will also have to be tested for HIV as this is now standard since the treatment of TB with an HIV positive person is different from that of a negative person. For overall implication is that you will not have much time left to submit your medical and have an interview. On the other hand once you are negative you have some relief and if you are positive you start on treatment ASAP. I hope this helps
Thank you Jonge.It helps me a lot.

Hi Nyamka,if any xray abnormalities detected yua medicals will be reviewed for Sputum test, three days for Sputum collection and another 56 days for culture which amounts 8 weeks, if observations are negative then you are cleared for the interv now the problem wth yua situation is tme frame that yu cannot make it b4 sep 30 am sorry to break this, now if yu decide to go on the process z expensive,yu might not have TB yes but yu wil not make b4 sep 30, I would advice yu to go for a gov hos and the treatment z free if TB z positive, then yu can try 2016 . am just sorry

I also had the same experience my interview date was in late july but when i went for medical i was refered for sputum test i had to wait for 8 weeks for the results luckly i was able to reschedule the appointment to Sept but the embassy cancelled my appointment at the last moment what can i do because technically i have not attended any interview and time has run out they are telling me that i cant be seen its very sad after spending all that money and time to end like this is really heart breaking

I also had the same experience my interview date was in late july but when i went for medical i was refered for sputum test i had to wait for 8 weeks for the results luckly i was able to reschedule the appointment to Sept but the embassy cancelled my appointment at the last moment what can i do because technically i have not attended any interview and time has run out they are telling me that i cant be seen its very sad after spending all that money and time to end like this is really heart breaking

This is a sad situation, unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. They no longer have enough visas available to be issued hence the cancellation. You can give the 2016 application a short though.

Angela am so sorry for what happened but trust God n try the nXt dv rottery If its ur dream no matter what it will be valid even if its not now bt ur lucky day is coming

Very Sad indeed Angela2014...I am afraid there isn't much you or anyone can do. The demand for visas this fiscal year has been astonishing. Even for those of us who eventually got them, it was pure luck...yes all this costs lots of money unfortunately it is non-refundable. Try again don't give up yet. All the best.