• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A story of birth dates on forms

zuroma999

Now that my DS-260 has been submitted, I sit around bored thinking about any other questions I can post to the board here to get your guys' feedback on.

Story time:

Once upon a time in the 1930s when the hero's father was born in a little town in India... they use to use the date of baptism for Catholics as their birth date (and not their physical birth date).

When Junior Zuroma (me) embarked, wide-eyed and with more hair, to the US on a L1 visa in 2000, he remembers calling his mother and asking what his father's birthdate was. Mrs. Senior Zuroma gave the actual physical birth date and that is what Zuroma Jr. put on all forms.

And then, many years and adventures later, our hero met and fell in love with form DS-260. By this time, Zuroma Jr. knew that his father used his baptism day on all legal forms (passport, etc.) so that is what the hero entered onto DS-260. The dates differ by only 3 months.

The hero intends to explain this if, during the interview, they ask if anything on the form needs to be corrected. The hero will explain that he truthfully entered the date that his father himself uses on all forms as his birth date.

The hero thinks the story will have a happy ending, but what about you readers?

what in the world are you talking about :D :D :D

You don't like the long version? :) Here's the short version: On a previous US immigration form 10 years ago I put down one birth date for my father. On the DS-260 this time around I put his legally used birth date. Just wondering if any issues.

Now that my DS-260 has been submitted, I sit around bored thinking about any other questions I can post to the board here to get your guys' feedback on.

Story time:

Once upon a time in the 1930s when the hero's father was born in a little town in India... they use to use the date of baptism for Catholics as their birth date (and not their physical birth date).

When Junior Zuroma (me) embarked, wide-eyed and with more hair, to the US on a L1 visa in 2000, he remembers calling his mother and asking what his father's birthdate was. Mrs. Senior Zuroma gave the actual physical birth date and that is what Zuroma Jr. put on all forms.

And then, many years and adventures later, our hero met and fell in love with form DS-260. By this time, Zuroma Jr. knew that his father used his baptism day on all legal forms (passport, etc.) so that is what the hero entered onto DS-260. The dates differ by only 3 months.

The hero intends to explain this if, during the interview, they ask if anything on the form needs to be corrected. The hero will explain that he truthfully entered the date that his father himself uses on all forms as his birth date.

Well, given that the selectees birthdate is unimportant to the DV process, I think your story will have a happy ending. :rolleyes:

Story time:

Guess what I love hero stories, and you are truly a hero ;)
Birth dates on parents details won't do you any harm since they are not going to go with you !
But if makes you confortable, just get and affidavit to coroborate your statement.
Thanks for your excellent post man :)

Guess what I love hero stories, and you are truly a hero ;)
Birth dates on parents details won't do you any harm since they are not going to go with you !
But if makes you confortable, just get and affidavit to coroborate your statement.
Thanks for your excellent post man :)

Thanks vladek :). I didn't think of that. If not an official affidavit, then I'll bring the email from my father explaining it when I asked him, just in case.

Hi every body.
I have a problem that my birth date in Passport is different from Birth date in High school Degree paper.Will be rejected my visa? Pls tell me some solution .Thank you very much.

I figured it might be easier to use this thread then start a whole new one. I've noted an oddity on my husband's birth certificate. It lists his parents' age as 23 and 28 however, at the time of his birth, they would have been 22 and 27 (albeit they had their birthdays a few weeks after he was born - his mum and dad were born five years and one day apart ).

We spoke to his mum who, given this was nearly 40 years ago, is hazy about the whole thing. She says she thinks she may have filed the birth certificate late (we have 60 days to file in Australia) late and that she would have put down 23 and 28 as, at the time of lodging the birth certificate, that would have been their accurate ages. That's one possibility. Another is that my mother in law spoke very poor English (she had only recently immigrated at the time of birth) and that she might have misinterpreted the question about ages.

Do you think this will present a problem? My husband seems to think there will not be a problem as a) they may have been 23 and 28 when the certificate was filed and b) so long as we accurately enter their birth dates on the DS260, we have been truthful and honest (what happened 40 years ago, completely outside of our control, is not something we ought to worry about). I should also add that he is the derivative and I'm the principal applicant.

I'd appreciate your thoughts guys.

I figured it might be easier to use this thread then start a whole new one. I've noted an oddity on my husband's birth certificate. It lists his parents' age as 23 and 28 however, at the time of his birth, they would have been 22 and 27 (albeit they had their birthdays a few weeks after he was born - his mum and dad were born five years and one day apart ).

We spoke to his mum who, given this was nearly 40 years ago, is hazy about the whole thing. She says she thinks she may have filed the birth certificate late (we have 60 days to file in Australia) late and that she would have put down 23 and 28 as, at the time of lodging the birth certificate, that would have been their accurate ages. That's one possibility. Another is that my mother in law spoke very poor English (she had only recently immigrated at the time of birth) and that she might have misinterpreted the question about ages.

Do you think this will present a problem? My husband seems to think there will not be a problem as a) they may have been 23 and 28 when the certificate was filed and b) so long as we accurately enter their birth dates on the DS260, we have been truthful and honest (what happened 40 years ago, completely outside of our control, is not something we ought to worry about). I should also add that he is the derivative and I'm the principal applicant.

I'd appreciate your thoughts guys.

Your husband is right for reasons a and b.

There is also a c. Your parents are not the point of the process - so no one is asking for their birth certificates, education, or really cares how old they were at the time your husband was born.

If you are spending time on trivia like that, you are overthinking things. Relax!!!!

Thanks Simon.

I know I'm over thinking this but I'm now down to the nitty gritty of the DS260 and I'm covering every single base. I can't help it. I'm an auditor by trade so attention to detail - however minuscule - is my stock and trade.

Thanks Simon.

I know I'm over thinking this but I'm now down to the nitty gritty of the DS260 and I'm covering every single base. I can't help it. I'm an auditor by trade so attention to detail - however minuscule - is my stock and trade.

That explains it!!! :p:p

Do I need to contact kcc about this date issue. I have not submitted Ds 260 yet.

If you haven't submitted your forms they won't have a file for you, so no point in that. They (KCC) cannot disqualify you at this point, so when you submit your accurate forms you will get a chance to discuss this during your interview. KCC cannot do anything about that one way or another.

Phew!! thank you so much was very worried. I can rest . another question My CN AF62XXX how high and which month will be scheduled and submit my ds260?

Phew!! thank you so much was very worried. I can rest . another question My CN AF62XXX how high and which month will be scheduled and submit my ds260?

Around JUne/JUly 2015 will be the interview - you should submit your forms around 3 months before that.

Is there a problem if I submit Ds 260 now? What likely question on the date issues. Month is OK year is OK but the date is different. She is not principal.

Is there a problem if I submit Ds 260 now? What likely question on the date issues. Month is OK year is OK but the date is different. She is not principal.

Sure, you can submit now if you like.

LIkely questions about the birth date - well - I suspect they will want proof of the actual birth date - but that is just a wild shot in the dark. They might also ask why you can't remember your wifes birthday.

Whoa! That is a little encourage. I got her birth certificate , high school certicate and a her passport showing the correct date. Will this proof sufficient evidence?