! A-number & Service Center Confusion !?!

bonne_chance

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I just got my NOA's from USCIS, however I'm confused about 3 things:

1) The bottom of the NOA letters (and the envelopes) list a USCIS address in Lee's Summit, MO. So is this my service center? If so, why not Chicago (since I live here)? I wanted to take a look at processing times for this place, but the USCIS website only lists Kansas City or St. Louis, is it Kansas City? I hope we won't have to go to this location for the AOS interview...?
2) I supplied USCIS with the A-number given to me when I applied to an EAD card for my opt 2 years ago (I stated why this was issued in my application).
Interesting thing is that, I-485 NOA lists a new A-number, I-765 NOA doesn't list any at all, and I-130 NOA lists the older A-number. Shall I be concerned about this? :confused:
3) My case status hasn't appeared online yet, when should I expect this to happen?

Thanks a lot for your help,

--------------

Status as of today: Overstayed visitor pending AOS (entered legally 9/2007, status expired 3/2008)

3/17/2008: Married to USC Spouse
6/5/2008: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864 (petitioner), I-864 (joint sponsor), I-693, I-765, 2 x G325A's to Chicago Lockbox using USPS priority mail w/ delivery confirm.
6/6/2008: Delivery confirmation by USPS
6/13/2008: Checks cashed, NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 issued

1. this has nothing to do with your interview location.
2. no idea about how the immigration office handles the A#.
3. sometimes it takes time for the case to show up online, give it another couple of weeks.

thanks for responses, but...

I appreciate the responses, however certain things are still unclear to me:

>> 1. this has nothing to do with your interview location.

OK, but does Lee Summit refer to Kansas Service center in the USCIS website ? (I'm asking because I want to check the processing times for that)

>> 2. your OPT EAD had a "non-immigrant" A#. Now you have a real immigrant A#.

OK, but shall I be worried about the discrepancy that I indicated in the NOA's?

Case status still not appeared yet by the way, waiting, fingers crossed...

Thanks...

1. Lee's Summit (fka Missouri Service Center) is now known as the National Benefits Center. You can find their processing times here.