`A' number in I-693 form

dfw_sparta

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I am concurrently filing I-130 and I-485 for GC (AOS) for my parent and I have a few questions about the medical evaluation form (I-693).

1. Is it necessary to submit the I-693 form along with 485 and 130? Can it be submitted later?

2. The application requires us to specify the A-number. What is the A-number? Is it the same as immigrant visa number?

3. As I am filing concurrently I don't have the visa number. Hence can we leave this A-number field blank ?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out with this.

Thank you very much.

Ram

Hello everyone,
I am concurrently filing I-130 and I-485 for GC (AOS) for my parent and I have a few questions about the medical evaluation form (I-693).
1. Is it necessary to submit the I-693 form along with 485 and 130? Can it be submitted later?
Yes, you should send it with other forms. Why send it later? You don't even need to feel out the form. The designated civil surgeon will do it for you.
2. The application requires us to specify the A-number. What is the A-number? Is it the same as immigrant visa number?
You are a US citizen, and you don't know what A-number is? :confused:
It's the alien number. If your parent has a B1/B2 visa, he/she wouldn't have an A-number.
3. As I am filing concurrently I don't have the visa number. Hence can we leave this A-number field blank ?
Since you're filing concurrently you must have the visa number!
Is your parent even here? If not, you can't file concurrently.

Why would a US citizen know what an A-number is?
I should have excluded US born citizens, which I really don't think is the case here, and immigrants who came to US with student/business visas.

Last edited by a moderator: