• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A few questions

no_namee

Hello everyone new member here. I have been looking into applying for the green card lottery for some time now, but before I do that I have a few questions. I would much appreciate if someone could answer or point me to a thread that will answer my questions.

1. Is there a specific time when I need to register ( a certain month in the year)? If i register this month when will I know the results?
2. I have 8 grades of elementary school and 4 in high school, so does that make me eligible for registering?
3. Now this sounds stupid, but can I get a link to the site for registering, because I am paranoid that somehow I will stumble on a phony site or some fraud.

Hello everyone new member here. I have been looking into applying for the green card lottery for some time now, but before I do that I have a few questions. I would much appreciate if someone could answer or point me to a thread that will answer my questions.

1. Is there a specific time when I need to register ( a certain month in the year)? If i register this month when will I know the results?
2. I have 8 grades of elementary school and 4 in high school, so does that make me eligible for registering?
3. Now this sounds stupid, but can I get a link to the site for registering, because I am paranoid that somehow I will stumble on a phony site or some fraud.

1. Entry is only open for about 1 month a year - usually October.
2. Probably . Read the instructions to confirm
3. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html