8 months Pregnant & Airlines rule

mariahoneyy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Can a pregnant woman(8 months) may fly on airlines or it is prohibited ?

WHat is the airline rule regarding a pregnant women.

Thank you everyone ...........

-----
Maria

Originally posted by mariahoneyy
Hi all,

Can a pregnant woman(8 months) may fly on airlines or it is prohibited ?

WHat is the airline rule regarding a pregnant women.

Thank you everyone ...........

-----
Maria

Honey
How is this connected to US Citizenship? Please do not dump whatever you want in this forum. There are at least a dozen forums to discuss those off the immigration issue.

It hurts I know but I have to say it.

Not to discourage you but I know someone who was sent back from the Port of Entry. INS MAY not allow you to deliver your child in USA if You are not an American Citizen.

Re: Re: 8 months Pregnant & Airlines rule

Originally posted by WouldBeCitizen
Honey
How is this connected to US Citizenship? Please do not dump whatever you want in this forum. There are at least a dozen forums to discuss those off the immigration issue.

It hurts I know but I have to say it.

WouldBeCitizen

Don't be that harsh. After all this is a discussion forum. Not the N-400 form.
I remember Maria as long time member during her wait for citizenship and she
made a number of friends on this forum. So she would have thought she
could get some help.

Cheer up :)

mariahoneyy,
Actually there is a rule, I dont remember it correctly, but when my wife had traveled to India, we had to mention that she was pregnant, and they (Singapore Airlines) told us that the return would have to be booked before a certain date or else they would not allow her to fly. Inspite of being within the date, we still had to get a Doctor's note stating that it is ok for travel. Its been a whle (around 7 years now), so you can call the airline that you plan to travel on and check with them.

Airlines pose such restrictions to escape liabilities arising form any complications while the flight is in progress and proper medical attention is not available.

Just FYI

Immigration wont allow (3rd party source) any child < 3 months
to travel out of the country.... Its possible airlines for your own
safety wont let u travel if u are in advanced stages of pregnancy. Please call the individual airline to find out

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
Just FYI

Immigration wont allow (3rd party source) any child < 3 months
to travel out of the country.... Its possible airlines for your own
safety wont let u travel if u are in advanced stages of pregnancy. Please call the individual airline to find out

Not true. We travelled out of the country with our 5 week old child in the past with no questions asked either by airlines or INS.

You are probably right and there is no such rule. Just someone I know who was pregnant mentioned they cant travel overseas as INS (for the sake of child's health) wont permit non emergency
travel.....

Looks like its a case of misinformation....