7th/8th Year Extension

muddasani

Please give me suggestions on this issue.

here is the problem ...

My 7th Year extension(Based on my Current Labour) ends in March 2006. And my 140 got denied recently based on Education Evaluation and Payment inability.

What happens if I apply for 8th year extension based on my backup labor(i applied backup labour after my 140 got denied during the 7th year extension)

How long has it been since you applied for your backup labor??
It needs to be > 365 days when you file for you extension. If you send it one day early they will reject it and send it back after 15 days so watch it.

HTH

Hi HTH,
I applied the backup labour on December 10th, 2004. My 7th year extension is valid until March 28, 2006. So is there any way to get the 8th Year extension ?

muddasani said:
Hi HTH,
I applied the backup labour on December 10th, 2004. My 7th year extension is valid until March 28, 2006. So is there any way to get the 8th Year extension ?

Sorry to say this MUDDASANI, you might not be eligible for 8th year extension like HATHWAR said your LC has to be pending for more then 365 days.

One way out is that you look for pre-approved LC and apply for I-140 but the LC reciept date should be > 365 days.

muddasani said:
Hi HTH,

My 7th Year extension(Based on my Current Labour) ends in March 2006. And my 140 got denied recently based on Education Evaluation and Payment inability.

It looks like you filed your I-140 in NSC, and 99% filers always get RFE about education and ability to pay issues. If not addressed correctly, chances are your application get denied, and in your case, I think thats what happened.

Talk to your attorney, he/she can file Motion to Reopen (MTR) on your case. Also ask him if its fesible to apply for other Service centers, like either from California, Vermont or Texas.

You applied your backup labor, meaning a new labor certification on Dec 10th 2004. So, on Dec 10th 2005 will mark your 365 days of application if it didn't get approved. If thats the case, you have an option to file for 8th year extension. The earliest you can apply for the extension would be after Dec 10th 2005.

Thanks

Hi IN_LC/Labourdrags,
So is it possible for me to apply 8th year extension after Dec 10th, 2005, because my 7th year extension will expire on March 28, 2006 and there will be more than 3 months time to expire my 7th year.

i'm confused in this situation, whether i can able to file for 8th year extension on my backup labour , which was filed on Dec 10th, 2004 ?

Please suggest me, if you are familiar with these kind of scenarios.

Thanks
Muddasani