6 year period - L2 & H1B

vidyarc

Hi ,

I came to the USA on a L2 visa and had been on that visa for a year when I got a job and switched to H1 B . I have had my H1 B for almost a year and a half now. My question is will the 1 year time period on the L2 visa too be counted towards the H1 B 6 year limit or will it not be counted at all ?!

Appreciate the help
Vi

H1b Duration=(H1+H4+L1+L2)

Hi,

The time you spent on any L visa or any H visa, like H1, H4 will all be counted towards H1b visa, thus, if you spent any time on L or H1 visa will be counted and new visa will be given only for the remaining time period.
This is my personal experience also.

vidyarc said:
Hi , I came to the USA on a L2 visa and had been on that visa for a year when I got a job and switched to H1 B . I have had my H1 B for almost a year and a half now. My question is will the 1 year time period on the L2 visa too be counted towards the H1 B 6 year limit or will it not be counted at all ?! Appreciate the help
Vi

is there a time limit for H4

If someone has worked in US for 6 years on H1, then after these years can he get an adjustment of status to H4 if his spouse is on H1?

queryH1B said:
If someone has worked in US for 6 years on H1, then after these years can he get an adjustment of status to H4 if his spouse is on H1?

yes, he can do change of status(not adjustment of status) to H4.

Calculation of six-year stay

Hi
Is the six-year period calculated from the time of entry into the country or from the date the H1B approval notice was issued?
For instance, my H1B approval came in December 2000 but entered the country in March 2001.
Thanks,
Aparna

h4 to h1 after 6 yrs

Hi
i was on H1 for 3 yrs then converted to h4 for another 3 yrs. now can i get i want to get back to h1 but as 6 yrs are over i would not get any time.
my question is can i get 7th year h1 by showing a preapproved labor.