• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

6. Country of Eligibility for the DV Program (2018)

Michael-BRA

Dear all,

We are about to participate in the DV Lottery for 2018, but am still in doubt in regards to the mentioned topic.

For example, I am from the Netherlands and therefore eligible for the DV program, however my wife is from Brazil which is not an eligible country.

"Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously."

How can my wife "claim" my country of birth, by indicating during registration that she is my wife? Or is there anything else I should do here?

Any wisdom here would be appreciated.

Mike

Don't overthink the process. Ordinarily your spouse would indicate they're married and would list your information. Then she selects Brazil as her country of birth, and under the chargeability country section she selects your country of birth. As simple as that.