485 Approved but what about Spouse

H1Extention

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
It seems that my race is almost over now but I am not yet at the finish line. Yesterday when I checked my status it says:
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. (Oct 07th) :D
But my spouse's 485 status is still showing as "Case received and pending." My spouse was a dependent and I was the primary, so shouldnt the dependent's 485 gets approved automatically when the primary's gets approved? Any idea how long it will take for my spouse's 485 approval? :rolleyes:

One more thing what's next with me will I be called for any interview now or is it over? will the card production be ordered automatically or I have to go for some interview or anything?

Congratulations! You are a permanent resident now. You won't be called for the interview. Card production is usually ordered automatically but some time there have been cases when it was delayed because of biometrics mess up. You can follow up on your card production issue if you don't see CPO email within few days.
Your spouse's AOS should be approved with your case. If not, it should be approved not long after your approval. I would suggest calling CIS and find out what's going on. It's possible that your spouse's biometrics are linked with her file or God know what else CIS may be missing in her case.

All in all, don't worry, follow up proactively on your wife's case. Start with phone call to USCIS customer service and then you may want to take InfoPass, contact Congress person if things don't seem to be moving.
Hi All
It seems that my race is almost over now but I am not yet at the finish line. Yesterday when I checked my status it says:
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. (Oct 07th) :D
But my spouse's 485 status is still showing as "Case received and pending." My spouse was a dependent and I was the primary, so shouldnt the dependent's 485 gets approved automatically when the primary's gets approved? Any idea how long it will take for my spouse's 485 approval? :rolleyes:

One more thing what's next with me will I be called for any interview now or is it over? will the card production be ordered automatically or I have to go for some interview or anything?

Thanks alot for the info JefKorn, I'll take your advice of contacting the USCIS but maybe I should wait one more week before calling the CIS hoping that the other 485 is approved by then.

Hi All

What is ur EB categary. EB2 or EB3 ?

h1 extension, are you and your spouse from the same country?
My husband and I , we are from different countries and I was approved on 9/5/07 more than one year ago
And his application is still pending.

It's your call. But calling USCIS earlier wouldn't hurt and you may set the ball rolling sooner if there was some hiccup in biometrics linkage. Good luck.
Thanks alot for the info JefKorn, I'll take your advice of contacting the USCIS but maybe I should wait one more week before calling the CIS hoping that the other 485 is approved by then.

Hi All

First of all Congratulations.......You are Permanent Resident now.
Don't worry your spouse will approve soon. I was approved in last week September as I am the primary and my spouse case was approved 1 week after mine. I got my card with in a week same as with my spouse. So enjoy and relax........

My husband just received his GC and message shows case processing resumed for mine. Husband is the primary here. I had a problem with biometrics and submitted police clearance. been 1 week so far and waiting. Hope it gets approved soon.I guess all checks should have been complete by now. Any idea on this.