• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd notification letter for dv2013

I am lucky that yesterday I got second letter from KCC, stating my interview on 25th October, in my own country. I was free while filling DS forms, so choose my country's embassy. But, on the way, I got admission for my Master's Degree in USA. The problem sis that, the DV Interview occurs on the middle of my semester. I asked my professor, they told that I cannot leave my classes for more that a week. I am having very tough time. I neither want to miss interview nor want to cancel my admission.
In this situation, can I again apply for status update and reschedule my Interview here in USA?
Please reply me, help me.

Call the embassy and let them advise you better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear forum members,

What happens if an interviewee misses a document or two when he/she appears for interview? I have applied for the document but it arrives only after my interview date in October. Am in trouble, please help. Can I go and ask the embassy guys to postpone this? Help please. It is highly appreciated.

Just reschedule your interview. If you miss one document on that list, you might be denied a visa. Or if you find a nice CO, he/she may put you on AP and ask you to bring the document later.

Hi everybody,
I am a DV winner from Nepal. My Case number is 2013AS000001***. I have been Schedule for interview on 21st of October 2012. I have some questions that made me confused, could anyone help me out?

Q.No.1 >> I am a high school passed (10+2) housewife. I am a principle applicant. I do not have any work experiences till now? Does it affect to visa officer's decision for visa approval/unapproval, if i do not have any work experiences??

Q.No.2 >> Can I appear the interview in my native language (In Nepali) rather than in English?? My english is very poor and I usually hesitate/ be nervous speaking english with unfamilier persons.

Q.No.3 >> Do we have to show up the financial supporting documents like Bank Balances, Property Valuation..etc etc??

Q.No.4 >> I do have a 1 year old daughter with me who will be joining me, if my visa is approved. Being a child with me in US, obviously means that i cant get time to work till my kids are grown up. So my husband will be working, alone whom we have to depend upon . Does it mean that I have less chances of visa approval??

Q.No.5 >> My husband has just passed SLC (Grade 10), will that matter in my case?? As I being a primary applicant have passed high school.

Q.No.6 >> My husband also doesnot have any work experiences but he does have his own business. He has been running his own business since last 5 yrs. Does this counts toward me??

Any Suggestions towards me would be appreciable.
Regards.
Rajshree
2013AS000001***

1. Qualification is either by high school or work experience. Your high school is enough as long us you have the documents to show.

2. As for your english, just explain to the CO and s/he can bring you and interpreter.

3. You need to show financial supporting documents.
4. Visa approval depends on what documents you present and what info you give the CO. It has got nothing to do with your stay in the US.
5. Your husbands' documents do not matter. It is you the main applicant. Ypur high school docs are the most important. They do not really care whether you have a PHD.
6. Again, it is about you the main applicant not your husband.

My Case no 2013AS000017XX (Sri Lanka). I didnt received my 2nd NL yet. Anyone else around this NO from Asia?

My Case no 2013AS000017XX (Sri Lanka). I didnt received my 2nd NL yet. Anyone else around this NO from Asia?

Have you both check mailbox in your home, your e-mail account and also online check (same as you check you win the DV-2013)?

Hi everybody,
I am a DV winner from Nepal. My Case number is 2013AS000001***. I have been Schedule for interview on 21st of October 2012. I have some questions that made me confused, could anyone help me out?

Q.No.1 >> I am a high school passed (10+2) housewife. I am a principle applicant. I do not have any work experiences till now? Does it affect to visa officer's decision for visa approval/unapproval, if i do not have any work experiences??

Q.No.2 >> Can I appear the interview in my native language (In Nepali) rather than in English?? My english is very poor and I usually hesitate/ be nervous speaking english with unfamilier persons.

Q.No.3 >> Do we have to show up the financial supporting documents like Bank Balances, Property Valuation..etc etc??

Q.No.4 >> I do have a 1 year old daughter with me who will be joining me, if my visa is approved. Being a child with me in US, obviously means that i cant get time to work till my kids are grown up. So my husband will be working, alone whom we have to depend upon . Does it mean that I have less chances of visa approval??

Q.No.5 >> My husband has just passed SLC (Grade 10), will that matter in my case?? As I being a primary applicant have passed high school.

Q.No.6 >> My husband also doesnot have any work experiences but he does have his own business. He has been running his own business since last 5 yrs. Does this counts toward me??

Any Suggestions towards me would be appreciable.
Regards.
Rajshree
2013AS000001***

Hello rajbiraj,

May I ask you again, your case number is 2013AS000001** or 2013AS00001***? Because case number should be 14 characters but your thread shown you case number is 15 characters (2013AS000001***), thank you!

Hello rajbiraj,

May I ask you again, your case number is 2013AS000001** or 2013AS00001***? Because case number should be 14 characters but your thread shown you case number is 15 characters (2013AS000001***), thank you!

Hi Immgrat,
My case number also consists 14 characters. It's 2013AS00001***.
Sorry if I had typed incorrect previously. I just noticed that there was one extra "0" I had typed.
Regards,
Rajbiraj

Hi Immgrat,
My case number also consists 14 characters. It's 2013AS00001***.
Sorry if I had typed incorrect previously. I just noticed that there was one extra "0" I had typed.
Regards,
Rajbiraj

Do you mind share one more digit to us? Such as 19**? Thank you!

2nd notification letter

Hello best of luck for your interview. you wrote in your massage that you checked the website daily basis. Can I know which website? my case number is in between 1800 and 1900 cut off number from Asia. But till i am waiting my 2nd notification letter. i do't know when come my turn? any idea please share with me about my 2nd notification letter. And what's your meaning 6 weeks notice?

Yes, use the website that you used to check to see if you won the diversity lottery back in May, using your case number etc. I still have not received any email, so I think this is important if you think that your visa number will be current soon. 6 weeks notice refers to the date of the letter uploaded on the website to the date of consular interview.

Yes, use the website that you used to check to see if you won the diversity lottery back in May, using your case number etc. I still have not received any email, so I think this is important if you think that your visa number will be current soon. 6 weeks notice refers to the date of the letter uploaded on the website to the date of consular interview.

Thanks divvy for your reply..

hello perera1987! have you get your mail reply from KCC? or what's your status this weekend? do not forget to post in this forum when you receive 2 NL.

2nd letter

Hi,folks i am a winner wid CN:2013AF00001*** please has any winner from africa received 2nd letter?

hello perera1987! have you get your mail reply from KCC? or what's your status this weekend? do not forget to post in this forum when you receive 2 NL.

Nope. I didnt receive my 2 NL yet. :confused:

This is the reply from KCC.

When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY). For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information.

Interviews for the DV 2013 program will begin in October 2012 and conclude on September 30, 2013. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2012, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter.

hey guys....can anybody help me out with this question.. i want know there is 3500 visa for each country. so does the visa issued for spouse and children of the principal applicant fall under this 3500 quota or there is any other provisons for them?? i am asking this question beacause im from nepal and dv 2013 selectees from nepal are 4370 and the visa bulletin for september for asia made my case number high..reply plz
regards from nepal

CN : 2013AS000087XX.
Entry Dated : Oct 2011
1st NL Checked : 2nd may 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th may 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 1st June 2012
KCC Confirmation : 2nd august 2012(after i called them)
2nd NL :
PCC :
Medicals :
Interview :
POE:

Nope. I didnt receive my 2 NL yet. :confused:

This is the reply from KCC.

When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY). For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information.

Interviews for the DV 2013 program will begin in October 2012 and conclude on September 30, 2013. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2012, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter.

Thanks Perera1987 for you reply and information. I am much hoping that we will start to get our NL on this week; just it's my guess.

hey guys....can anybody help me out with this question.. i want know there is 3500 visa for each country. so does the visa issued for spouse and children of the principal applicant fall under this 3500 quota or there is any other provisons for them?? i am asking this question beacause im from nepal and dv 2013 selectees from nepal are 4370 and the visa bulletin for september for asia made my case number high..reply plz
regards from nepal

CN : 2013AS000087XX.
Entry Dated : Oct 2011
1st NL Checked : 2nd may 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th may 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 1st June 2012
KCC Confirmation : 2nd august 2012(after i called them)
2nd NL :
PCC :
Medicals :
Interview :
POE:

Not to burst anyone's bubble,from what I've read so far,the derivatives' visas eat into the 3500 quota thus not spelling good news to all the others down the line.However,statistically,majority of DV applicants(winners too) r single & thus u could take comfort in that.On another level,has ur country ever attained this quota since its not cast in stone;Egypt & Ethiopia have more than once breached this 3500 figure.