221g Administrative processing tracker

thanks for the response. VO didn't tell me the reason for 221G yellow slip. HE just mentioned addition admin processing. How did you find it was for security clearance?

Ar you still waiting? I hope u also came back like me for revalidation, how you are managing your client work due to delay in going back. Did you contact senator or DOS to get some help.

any help appreciated.

can be in touch through email vmanish@hotmail.com

thanks

manish

I am still waiting... Its been 2 months now... and this is for restamping...
My first tiem was very quick... though I later learned that You shouldnt go anywhere but your home country (except mexico and canada)... I went to london...

My co. has offices in london so I am working from here...

Sorry for delays guys. This was my third stamping without any gap in H1 is last 8 years. My 1st stamping was alo in delhi w/o any ssue, 2nd was revalidated in US itself in 2004. I had renewed my passport recenly and all old visa stamps are in old passport and I have given my old passport to him for look too. I have 2 kids(US citizens 1.5 yrs and 4.5 yrs) and concerned about thir health here since they are here for almost last 3 months and been sick all the time and also about their schooling. I could not file my tax return yet due to this delay. IS there any way we an meet the higher authority at delhi consulate through my US born kids and let them know my issues and ak them why it has been delayed for additional admin proc. even though it was just for revalidation and already have H1 stamped 2 times. Can we meet to consular without appointment for my kids issue and expedite it. I don't event know why my case is picked for AAP, VO didn't even tell. Is there any number where I can call to check case status and what AAP they are doing?

Appreciate your help in tis crisis. This is one of the worst time of my life and I am sure I will pass it and wish the same for you and ur family.

Thanks guys

vmanish

Sorry for delays guys. This was my third stamping without any gap in H1 is last 8 years. My 1st stamping was alo in delhi w/o any ssue, 2nd was revalidated in US itself in 2004. I had renewed my passport recenly and all old visa stamps are in old passport and I have given my old passport to him for look too. I have 2 kids(US citizens 1.5 yrs and 4.5 yrs) and concerned about thir health here since they are here for almost last 3 months and been sick all the time and also about their schooling. I could not file my tax return yet due to this delay. IS there any way we an meet the higher authority at delhi consulate through my US born kids and let them know my issues and ak them why it has been delayed for additional admin proc. even though it was just for revalidation and already have H1 stamped 2 times. Can we meet to consular without appointment for my kids issue and expedite it. I don't event know why my case is picked for AAP, VO didn't even tell. Is there any number where I can call to check case status and what AAP they are doing?

Appreciate your help in tis crisis. This is one of the worst time of my life and I am sure I will pass it and wish the same for you and ur family.

Thanks guys

vmanish

You need to find out where your file is stuck and then call up those ppl.
Like I was told by embassy ppl (after 60 days) that its with DOS. So i call up DOS regularly and check the status with them. Not much else I can do.

Be patient man, dont stay in waiting mode... there are no gurantees when this woudl be done.

VManish

Do you have muslim or muslim sounding name. Ex lots of Hindu Indians also have last names like Malik, Vora, Chaudhry etc which they share in common with Muslims.
Thanks

Thanks guys

vmanish

Thanks guys

vmanish
VManish,

I am from Delhi and have been here in US for more than 8 years. Also stuck in GC mess and still on H1B. I have not visited India since 2003, but my visa was stamped at US Consulate twice and stamped in US twice too. Due to a family emergency, I was thinking of coming to Delhi. Therefore, I came to check this forum to see how is it going for people in my situation.

But, after reading your post I have decided not to come to India until my GC is approved or I get a valid Advance Parole for traveling.

I have two kids too, therefore, I can understand your Pain. One thing you can do is to contact the Administrator (Book an Appointment) of the US Consulate at New Delhi and take your kids with you and all the relevant documents about your case. Then, literally show him that how desperately you need to enter US:

1) Because of kids health (If kids are born in US, even better)
2) You tax filings. Show them you have filed the tax from all prior years on time and you intended to do so this year too.
3) Your house documents, if you own a house here in US.
4) Get a letter from your employer that your presense is ungently needed in US otherwise it is hurting your employer.

... add as many more reasons as you can find.

Then implore him to expedite your case. You may need some PULL to get to the Administrator at the US Consulate. You are in Delhi. Apply some political pressure from your contacts. Keep trying and you will succeed.

Take Care of yourself & your family.
I will pray for you.
Best of Luck.

My name is Amit kumar and my case went in pending status because of name match with another Amit Kumar whose name is flagged by DOS. I want to know how much time they will take for the clearance ? What shall I do ?
If the delay is more then i may loose my job. Please help me.

Visa pending because of Name Match 221(G)

My name is Amit kumar and my case went in pending status because of name match with another Amit Kumar whose name is flagged by DOS. I want to know how much time they will take for the clearance ? What shall I do ?

Send Ppt

Hello,
If the case status shows SEND PPT, does that also include cases, where additional documents need also be sent? Did anyone got an email from the consulate requesting additional documents, although the case status shows only SEND PPT?

Also, is it advisable to go in person to the consulate submitting the passport, although no such request was solicited? Did anyone try this way?

Thanks!

received 221g today

Attended interview at Chennai on March 1 2007. got a 221g asking for further documents. Got the documents from employer on April 9th. dropped in the drop box on 11 the April. today i.e on 18th Paril I get my blank passport along with my husbands passport with another 221g stating that the case needs "additional administrative processing".
Now I am really down now. What is going to happen now. Please someone advice me.

221(g) investigation of immigration records

Hi

I attnded for H visa in toronto and the consula officer said that she want to get my immigration rcords and she gonna sent my fingeprints to DHS and they will respond in 2 weeks and consulate will contact me back

anybody had this exp how long does it take to get the report from dhs?

thanks

jlu

Hi

I attnded for H visa in toronto and the consula officer said that she want to get my immigration rcords and she gonna sent my fingeprints to DHS and they will respond in 2 weeks and consulate will contact me back

anybody had this exp how long does it take to get the report from dhs?

thanks

jlu

4 months on an average!

Following up on what I'd written earlier (above), can anyone please share if they were issued 221g slips on their second H1-B passport stamping visit. From what I have gatherred so far, it is often on the first visit to the US consulate to have an H1-B visa stamped, that we experience the admin/security delays. My personal experience. The second time is relatively easier and faster.

My husband (engineer Russian citizen) got his first H1-B in Tijuana in Sep 2004 the same day. On Sep 2006 however while applying for H1-B ( same petition) was give n a 221(g) yellow slip. Still waiting...

:(

Is he still in Mexico? How long can a Russian citizen stay in Mexico on a visit visa? It seems he has been there for more than 6 months.

My husband (engineer Russian citizen) got his first H1-B in Tijuana in Sep 2004 the same day. On Sep 2006 however while applying for H1-B ( same petition) was give n a 221(g) yellow slip. Still waiting...

:(

221(g) in Tijuana

Yes he is still in Mexico, it's been seven months. He went there without a mexican visa. It is not a problem once you stay within some 20 miles of the border. You do not need a travel card and can just show a US ID.

Is he still in Mexico? How long can a Russian citizen stay in Mexico on a visit visa? It seems he has been there for more than 6 months.

reason for lengthy administrative processing

Amit, how do you know why your case is pending? My husband has been waiting for H1-B for 7 months already. Russian name, no word form DOS. State department does not know what's the reason for such a delay. And the consul said they are not supposed to say why "administrative processing is initiated". (This wa smy husband's second visit to Tijuana Consulate. The foirst visa was issued the same day.)

Thank you in advance.

I had my first H1B visa interview on 3/14/07 in Beijing, China and was placed under administrative processing since.

This is my background: Got my BS degree at a millitary school in China, got my MS degree in China Space Agency and worked there for a few years, then went to US and got my PhD in AE, after that worked as a post-doc for my advisor for 2 years (H1B), then went to teach at a university in US (2nd H1B).

As you see, I have a strong AE background. Moreover, it's impossible for them to verify my degrees and employment in China due to the obvious reason. Does this mean my waiting is endless and my case is dead? How do they handle a case like this? Anyone has a similar situation? Many thanks.

I had my first H1B visa interview on 3/14/07 in Beijing, China and was placed under administrative processing since.

This is my background: Got my BS degree at a millitary school in China, got my MS degree in China Space Agency and worked there for a few years, then went to US and got my PhD in AE, after that worked as a post-doc for my advisor for 2 years (H1B), then went to teach at a university in US (2nd H1B).

As you see, I have a strong AE background. Moreover, it's impossible for them to verify my degrees and employment in China due to the obvious reason. Does this mean my waiting is endless and my case is dead? How do they handle a case like this? Anyone has a similar situation? Many thanks.

Why do you think they would want to verify your education in China? I do not know exactly but from what I've read administrative processing is different degrees of name (background) checks.
I run across this site about the name chacks and administrative processing:
http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

8 weeks

Hi,

After exact 8 weeks, on May 9 I received email notifying me to pick up my visa in a few days. I got back my passport with visa stamp on May 10.

Calling DOS may offer some comforting but not much information. I emailed and faxed to embassy several times to emphasize my situation (missing two semesters of teaching, two US kids often got sick, possible losing job), and to provide more information about my background in hope to help investigation. I'm not sure if these info reached DC agencies, but the VS of DOS told me they knew when I made inquiry to embassy and the case record was updated in some way because of my inquiry.

I asked a special agent of FBI who visited me once (to check on me) to help expedited the process. He told me he made a inquiry to DC. I'm not sure if this helped.

Good luck to you all still waiting. I knew it's very painful because I just got out of it. But I believe your patience will pay off. Farewell, friends!

Best,
Cameron

221(g)

Hi, as someone already posted earlier.. for some security reason every Amit Kumar going for stamping is referred for admin processing. I was just wondering for how long any Amit would have to wait before he was called in to submit his ppt, anyone here knows such case? If yes then how long was the wait? Its been 3 months for me and still counting :(

Hi, as someone already posted earlier.. for some security reason every Amit Kumar going for stamping is referred for admin processing. I was just wondering for how long any Amit would have to wait before he was called in to submit his ppt, anyone here knows such case? If yes then how long was the wait? Its been 3 months for me and still counting :(

i wenrt for stamping in london embassy on 22nd jan... still waiting...
met some other Amit Kumars in other forums!:mad: