221g Administrative processing tracker

221g at Singapore US Embassy

Hello there,

I am already working in US for the past 2 years, I came to Singapore for a vacation (I am a PR). As I changed my status from L1 to H1 in US before 1 year I went for the interview on 11/01/2006. After checked all the documents the officer told me that he wants to take with my client manager and he will call me back.

He didn't give any documents to me, just put 221g in my passport.

Now already 2 weeks so far I didn't receive any call. I send an email yesterday(23/01/2006) no reply at all.

I checked with my manager, he also didn't receive any calls.

As per my current schedule I have to get back to my work on 7th Feb. Still no reply.

Any advise pls.

Rgds

Saran

Case still with Consulate in India

Spouses's H4 Visa - Admin Processing
------------------------------------

I called up DOS to find out that the US Embassy in India (where my wife attended the Interview ) requested some information in December 2005 from Kentucky Consular Center ( My wife attended the Interview in December) but the case is still with the US Embassy in India.

I emailed US consulate in India several times but all they tell me is the Visa is still under Admin Processing.

Any one in a similar kind of situation??

Pls help !!!

visas@nas.edu

Srinath,

I sent e-mail to visas@nas.edu after filling a questionnaire on their website. They replied to me saying that it is for scientists and students and not for H4 Visas

Srb5588

I,m new= 221g- 17th march 2006

Hello friends

My name is asif from uk- London.
I’m holding a Pakistani passport & i have Indefinite stay in uk
i have my own flat
i,m student of MSc in London
i have good bank balence and working part time.

I went to US Embassy London to apply 1st time Visit visa dated on 17th
March 2006. I been asked questions and i answered reasonable.

Visa officer was new, he said" Ur all documents are in ORDER...
but i need to send ur case to my supervisor.
Then he gave me a letter, where it is written 221(g) Additional admin
processing but he told me, it wil take 1 month.

Could any one please tell me, what its menaing?
weather they wil check me in UK or in USA?

asif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

i have received reply from U.S Embassy on 05/05/2006.

They wrote" pelase submit ur pasport and we will send back you 10/15 working days.. ( U. S Embassy required my passport to grant visa)

so inshallh, i wil get visa and i wil fy U.S in 1/2 week of june 2006 :)

BEST OF LUCK ALL OF U....

asif

Hi

Hi Sreenath,

My application is also in administartive processing which i attend interview with US consulate, chennai. I made 5 attempts and in 5th attempt the visa officer said that they need administartive processing from client side.

so could you please let me know how much time it will take generally and can i check the status of my application with given case number

Regards,
Suraj

Section 221(g)

Hello Guys,

Iam the employer for x company. One of my H1B Candidate appeared for H1b visa in US Consultate in London as he finished his masters Over there. They requested him to go Calcutta, India as they couldnt verify his Bacholers degree onLine.

In Calcutta they gave his Section 221(G) as it say your application requireds administrative processing for additional clearances. Please call (033) 2282-3611 after One month to check status of your case. He got this query October,20-2005. Its almost 8 months, he didnt hear any thing.

Is it good to contact Local US Senator in regards to this case. I sent couple of faxes & email as an employer, but I didnt get any response from calcutta consultate.

some buddy mentioned to talk to 1-202-663-1225 DOS (Department of Security). I wasnt very clear how this DOS know about his H1B visa..??

Can some one explain in this aspect..?

Thanks,
sreedhar

raju4usa said:
Hello Guys,

Iam the employer for x company. One of my H1B Candidate appeared for H1b visa in US Consultate in London as he finished his masters Over there. They requested him to go Calcutta, India as they couldnt verify his Bacholers degree onLine.

In Calcutta they gave his Section 221(G) as it say your application requireds administrative processing for additional clearances. Please call (033) 2282-3611 after One month to check status of your case. He got this query October,20-2005. Its almost 8 months, he didnt hear any thing.

Is it good to contact Local US Senator in regards to this case. I sent couple of faxes & email as an employer, but I didnt get any response from calcutta consultate.

some buddy mentioned to talk to 1-202-663-1225 DOS (Department of Security). I wasnt very clear how this DOS know about his H1B visa..??

Thanks,
sreedhar

Press 1-0-0 option to be connected to a Customer Service person after you call the DOD. The wait time may be around 10 minutes. Tell that you are calling in regards to a H-1 Visa. They will ask for passport number.

The data at various Consulates is integrated and DOS has all the data.

Yes, contacting local senator helps. But first contact your local congressman through fax and clearly describe your problem.

raju4usa said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
sreedhar

It is department of State NOT security

IN Act 221g

Hello Friends,

I have lodge H1 visa. After waiting for 4 months the consulate has sent me a letter saying that, the action on the case is suspended in relation to IN Act 221g. They have also provided me an option to withdraw my visa application.

On my passport they have also mentioned in writing 221 i.e on last page of my passport. their is no other indication. the consulate has also refunded my visa issuance fee in full.

I have received this 2 days ago and i am planning to enter USA on visa wavier program for 3 months as Australian Citizen holding australian passport. will they allow me into the country. Can I apply E3 visa as australian citizen after receiving the letter ? can i apply E3 within one month of time after this H1 crisis ?

Please answer my questions and help me.

Thank you

221(G) Blue form

Hi Friends
I got 221(g) almost 2 years ago . yesterday got a mail from chennai consualte , they are asking me to send the latest Offer letter,Passport,DS-156,157 .

in Mar2005 , they have taken all my original certifciates for verification . Seems that they have done the verification process .

Please mail me at hibujji at gmail.com .. I will help you ..

Thanks
bujji

further administrative processing

I visited the American embassy to apply for an f1 visa i had already been studying in the USA but i was intending to transfer schools. So i came back home to London to apply for another visa as the one ii had was expiring.

I was told by the women that interviewed me that every thing looks fine but there is going to have to be administrative processing before my visa can be issued. She gave me a sheet that had 221 (g) she then told me that it should be a few weeks but there is no way of tracking it!

It has now been 10 weeks and i still have not heard from them. I have a great British passport and have been issued a visa before, i was just wondering if this is normal?

If any one has been Through the same thing please can you tell me how long it takes?

thank you

How long does it take to get security clearance from DOS

Hi,

I went for restamping of H1 in London embassy since I was visiting London.
Everything went fine but in the end the interviewer told me that they need to some extra admin processing. She said it would take around 2 weeks.

Now its been seven weeks and still no news.
I called up DOS and they told me its pending.

How long does it take usually to get security clearance from DOS?
How long does it take to get visa after security clearance is over?
Are there any other clearances then DOS? and How do I follow up with them?

Appeciate the help!

Amit

I am in the same boat its been more than eight weeks and i have heard any thing from DOS... called and they gave the same reply that its still pending ... if u get any new plz let me know

further administrative processing! pending

I also called the Dos over my case they told me the same thing. I asked how long it usually takes they said that depends on every individual case.

It is very frustrating not knowing how long it will be as i am in the middle of my studies. It has already been 71 days.

has any one else been waiting longer?

221G YELLOW at NEW DELHI

i have been working in US for last 8 years and my GC is pending due to PD. Last week I went to New Delhi consulate for VISA stamping and VO didn't issue me H1-B VISA, but said all your documents are fine, but i still need to perform some additional administrative processing and handed over YELLOW 221G form to me. He said it will take 4 to 6 weeks. i have returning flight booking for Apr 1st and most probably I will have to cancel that. This is totally ridiculous, these guys are ust playing with our career. I had all documents with me like salary slips to last pay periods, W-2s, degree , mark sheet, I-140 approvals etc, but he dodn't ask aything so what else his administrative processing means.

any idea what this new YELLOW 221g is for and is there any risk for me getting my H! stamped?

Appreciate your help and guidance.

Thanks

vman

i have been working in US for last 8 years and my GC is pending due to PD. Last week I went to New Delhi consulate for VISA stamping and VO didn't issue me H1-B VISA, but said all your documents are fine, but i still need to perform some additional administrative processing and handed over YELLOW 221G form to me. He said it will take 4 to 6 weeks. i have returning flight booking for Apr 1st and most probably I will have to cancel that. This is totally ridiculous, these guys are ust playing with our career. I had all documents with me like salary slips to last pay periods, W-2s, degree , mark sheet, I-140 approvals etc, but he dodn't ask aything so what else his administrative processing means.

any idea what this new YELLOW 221g is for and is there any risk for me getting my H! stamped?

Thanks

vman

Be prepared to wait for 2-4 months... anything less... u would be lucky!
This is worse than indian red tape!
I like you have a very clean record all my life... all documents... good credit history... but still taking so long to get security clearance... been over 50 days now!

thanks for the response. VO didn't tell me the reason for 221G yellow slip. HE just mentioned addition admin processing. How did you find it was for security clearance?

Ar you still waiting? I hope u also came back like me for revalidation, how you are managing your client work due to delay in going back. Did you contact senator or DOS to get some help.

any help appreciated.

can be in touch through email vmanish@hotmail.com

thanks

manish

Thanks

vman

Is this the first time you went to have an H1-B visa stamped onto your passport or have you previously had H1-B visas stamped? I have heard first time H1-B visa stampings often require background checks.

I experienced the same thing when I went for my first H1-B visa stamping (exited the US after 7 years) in 2005. I even contacted the US consulate in advance and asked if there was going to be any anticipated delay - I was told no. At the time of the interview I was handed the slip and asked to wait for atleast 4 weeks while they performed background checks. Had to make hasty contingency plans for work, return flight and the extended delay.

Since I am from a Muslim country, I thought that was the driving factor for the delay. I am surprised you were issued a yellow slip also, especially if you have previously had H1-Bs stamped. Last year I got my visa the same day.

Good luck.

Following up on what I'd written earlier (above), can anyone please share if they were issued 221g slips on their second H1-B passport stamping visit. From what I have gatherred so far, it is often on the first visit to the US consulate to have an H1-B visa stamped, that we experience the admin/security delays. My personal experience. The second time is relatively easier and faster.