221g Administrative processing tracker

last thursday (10th march) lady at the customer sevice said she has sent out ppts. TTS confrimed it. no ppt till monday - called TTS - informed us that they sent out ppts back to embassy for furthur processing as there was no visa stamp. embassy - customer service - one lady - "who said ur ppt was sent? it is with us and you will have to wait" - another lady - "TTS was supposed to send you the ppt without the visa - we are not giving you the visa only ppt with furthur instructions - call back later" - so that our story. we thought we got it. :mad:

H4 Stamping Finger prints ...for ladies

Hello there
Appeared in delhi counsulate on 10march for my wife's h4 stamping.. counsulate did not ask much and just seen her passport and my passport copy. Then immediately he handed over 221g section, and next day some called from thier office and asked my wife to give Finger prints and bring $85 dollor DD.

Then they said counsulate office will contac once they are done.

I have been living in US past 6 years , have not seen anyone's h4 being treated like this.

Would like to know if anyone has gone thru this phase, do they really contact or they just going to keep in pending.

Should be a NCIC namehit. Since she most likely wouldnt have
any sort of SAO request, I would say, this will get done fast..
She should be cleared of FP in about 4 weeks.. The
FBI fingerprint division number is listed in this thread.. just
call them up in few days and you will know the status..

Anis

H1 stamping

Hi alish,

Can you please tell me if this is the first time you and your wife are going to the USA?

Thanks

Spouse L2 Visa Processing

My Spouse made an appearance at the Chennai Consulate on 28 of July 2004.
Its March 22nd 2005 and still we are to get any communication from the Chennai US Consulate. They Have original Marriage documents and photocopies of the passport & other essential documents.
Can anyone tell me what can be done to expediate the Admin Processing.
How can we track status?
Is their a web site? Or a number to call for more information?

lavan 77,
no we have lived there for 4 years and we came to stamp the h1 transfer to another comany. we came for a short vacation for 3 weeks and have been stuck here ever since.

for h4 Admin process time

Mr.Anis
Could you please tell me what is NCIC and SAO, and also could you suggest me should I contact FBI finger print division now or should I wait for 4 weeks.
Iam concerned bcause if they further delay this process my h1 visa will be finished in aug05.

Iam on my 7th year extension got my EAD and Advance parole but did not use them..

Thanks for your suggestions..
Faiz

Odd Query on DS-156 information

Hello Folks,
I am in an odd situation and need your feedback. I got married on 19th Sept, 2004 and during the same trip to India, appeared for H-1B revalidation [multiple-entry]. I submitted the DS-156 form with Marital Status as "Single" on Oct 8th to the US Consulate in Chennai [basically this was an oversight on my part], although I was married by that date. Now I am planning to apply for my wife's visa and am worried if the Consulate is going to pull out my old DS-156 form and ask me why I say "Single" in that form (dated Oct 8th), while I have my marriage certificate showing married on Sept 19th?
Does anyone know how long DS-156 information is retained by US Consulates?

L2 or Follow to Join

Entered US in Jan 2001 on a B1/B2 Visa and then did COS to an L1-A been on L1-A almost 4 years now... was married before i came here....
Now i want to bring my wife here on L2...
Do i let her appear on an L2... or wait for my 1-485 and then do the Following to Join.... if she appears on an L2 would the consulate ask her why does she wane join me now after 4 years??...... If they are not convinced would they issue a 221g.....

Once the L1 is denied can i do Follow to Join later... when my 485 gets approved....

Any advice would help

Thanks

finger print

Hello,
I am in the same boat. I applied on 22nd March and FP'ed on the same day and its 6 weeks now but have not got any response.Called FBI 3 weeks back and they send there report 7th april only.
I am still waiting.Does anyone know what could be the reason for the delay.

Ajit

My file is with the following person.

Timothy C. Swanson
Fraud Prevention Manager
U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

I have already waited close to 9 months. If any of the above ring a bell pls lemme know.

Thanks

Got a call from cosulate

Hi All,
I got a call from delhi consulate. I need to be there any day between 8.30 to 10. Any tips for while i prepare myself to be there.

All help is great help

Sree

what was the outcome

Shreenath,what was the outcome? how much time you have to wait from getting 221(g) to approval?
I am also facing same problem.
I had been to Chennai Consulate for H1B stamping in March 2005.
I was given a letter under 221(g) and
my original degree certificate was retained for verification
by consulate.
It was mentioned in the letter that I will be contacted
after the verification.
It had been 2 months since then but I have not received
any communication from the consulate.
They have mentioned specifically not to contact consulate till they
get back to me.
Still I have sent a mail to consulate but no reply.
How to get my original degree back?
How to expedite my case?
How much time they take to communicate further?
Will I get visa? Can I persue with consulate?

Hi Aparat63,
I am attending this friday. I will let you know the details as soon as i am done. coz i dont want to give u wrong info.

Sree

aparat63 said:
Shreenath,what was the outcome? how much time you have to wait from getting 221(g) to approval?
I am also facing same problem.
I had been to Chennai Consulate for H1B stamping in March 2005.
I was given a letter under 221(g) and
my original degree certificate was retained for verification
by consulate.
It was mentioned in the letter that I will be contacted
after the verification.
It had been 2 months since then but I have not received
any communication from the consulate.
They have mentioned specifically not to contact consulate till they
get back to me.
Still I have sent a mail to consulate but no reply.
How to get my original degree back?
How to expedite my case?
How much time they take to communicate further?
Will I get visa? Can I persue with consulate?

221(g) and L2

Calcutta consulate gave 221(g) for my wife L2 visa. They kept marriage certificate, one of our joint photos, DS 156 and DS 157 forms. They said that we should check the status after a month. Now it's been around 2 months and status is still pending. Consulate says that they have sent some queries to Indian Government and are waiting for its reply. I am wondering what kind of queries to Indian Gov. and how come it will take so long... Any idea? I called DOS and they confirmed that the case is pending with the consulate.

I will appreciate any info. on this.

Thanks,
Kr.

Got it

I finally got it after 9 months. This is what I have done in the past 2 months which showed results (I think)

Firstly send out faxes 3 times in a week atleast to the consulate. and call on the other 2 working days.

Sending out mails through your fathers or mothers e-mail ID would do good. (so i heard.)

Mainly keep regular tabs on developments at the DOS end. Do everything and anything to find the information on your file. I actually got information from them that the consulate was ready to call me again. I called consulate after that and it took them more a couple of weeks to actually call me in. and even after they did, when i went there the visa officer asked me why was I there without being called. It took a lot of explaining and proving to convince them that they had actually called me.

Also there is this other service which is sending out regular list of candidates stuck with this new procedure of visa processing to the DOS and finding the status of our files. Attached is a mail I get from them every month.

Since you are still waiting for your visa, we reported your case to the Department of State again on May 20, 2005. We will contact you only if we receive any information about the status of your application. Your case will remain open in our database until you receive your visa.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMAILS TO: visas@nas.edu

Send email only to this address: visas@nas.edu. All emails should include the name of the visa applicant in the subject line.

VISA GRANTED (you have received your visa)

If your visa has been granted since you last contacted us, send an email to visas@nas.edu. In the subject line only, include the full name of the visa applicant, date of birth, the words "Visa Granted" and the date that it was granted. Our database will be updated and your name will be removed from our list of pending cases.

Example: John Smith, DOB 05/05/1965, Visa Granted 01/23/2004

VISA PENDING (you are still waiting for your visa)

If you are still waiting for your visa, send an email to visas@nas.edu. In the subject line only, include the full name of the visa applicant, date of birth, and the words "Visa Pending". If your case is still pending, we will report your case to the Department of State. Please do not include anything in the body of the message unless you have something significant to report. We have many cases still pending in our database. The more time spent reading email messages, the longer it will take to inquire about your case.

Example: John Smith, DOB 05/05/1965, Visa Pending

OTHER: Please explain in detail in your email message.
Thank you.

International Visitors Office
The National Academies
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001 USA
Fax: 1-202-334-2231
Email: visas@nas.edu
http://national-academies.org/visas

Good luck to one and all

I got my H1B stamped after 3 months.
It was smooth this time and not many questions.
But still I have to go through interview.
There were 3 persons with me who also got
221(g) initially,They also got visa.
I feel those who get 221(g) will finally get visa
if the case is genuine.
I simply followed their instructions and not called
or went to consulate.
I just sent them couple of mails enquiring the status.
Finally they sent a mail and asked me to come on any monday.
So if you have been called for monday interview, you
will likely get visa.
I saw a letter from my university regarding degree verification with them.
So they really verify, not jusy keep the papers with them.
One of the other 2 persons told that somebody actually
visited his office to verify whether he works there.
So all 221(g) friends, keep patience,You will get it.
Don't make any calls, don't go there without being called.
You can send a mail to them that also after giving them
8-10 weeks time for verification.
It pays.
The avg. waiting period is 2-3 months.

stuck in Ottawa since May 5th, 2005.

Hi guys:

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I appeared for my H1b interview on May 5th. New job. everything went of smoothly with the staff at the consulate being very nice. I was give the receipt and told to collect my passport at 3pm. However as I was walking out I was called back and told that I had a name hit and my case will require additional processing. Since that day I have called DOS many a times. std response = pending. Sent numerous emails/ faxes to FBI. Havent heard back from anyone. And heard back from the consulate last week telling me that name check takes 1 month at a minimum with some cases taking 3 months or more. Today is my 40th day and already I have spent $$$$$ of dollars.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me here in Ottawa. Perhaps we could swap steps taken.

Amit Kumar

221g Visa pending

Went for visa interview on may 16,2005 got 221g form quoting for additional administrative checks. Next day received call from consulate asking for DD rs500 to check my Ph.D from University of Mumbai, email response received on 6/1/05 from the consulate stating my case is still under review. Still waiting (6/16/05).

Did any one have a similar experience, if so how long do they take to verify certificates

Any information will be appreciated.

thanks

velu

221g Processing

Went to India, New Delhi for H1B revalidation on Jan 05, 2005. Bastards kicked off the admin processing.

Followed everyweek.....same reply....ur case is pending.

Called Senator .....sorry cant,s help you, its a matter of national security

Called Congressman, he promised to call. did follow up, found case was stuck with DoS, Washington. Couldnt proceed any further.

Registered with visas@nas.edu. Called up Congressman again to do follow up. Called up DoS in DC everyday.

Finally on Jun 28, DoS said, case approved and send to Delhi.
Jun 30, 2005 New Delhi consulate called for visa stamping. But my employment offer is gone :).

It tooks 6 bloody months of wait to get it done and loose job.