221g+Administrative Delays+Security Check+Fingerprint Delays Tracker (Non Muslim)

Hello DeepaRao,

Did you get the clearance on 221(g). How long did it take. If you are put on 221(g) did they allow you to enter back in to the US, were you having a valid visa before you went for stamping. please help as i am going to Juarez for stamping and is similar case. Please help me with the issues that you faced waiting for clearing on 221(g)

Be careful as I am stuck in Ottawa

Hey Harpreet - You are lucky that the Ottawa consulate called you and informed you that your case might be delayed. I went for Visa interview on the 27 Dec and my name was sent for security clearance. I have same first name as yours and maybe the same last name which is very common. I have been living in the US for the last 8 years. How much time did it take for the first security clearance.

harry_tej said:
I have H1 visa appointment in Ottawa on Feb 08, 2007. I received a call from US embassy in Canada today (Jan 09, 2007) warning me that they may put my case for clearance and it may take more than 2 weeks to get approval and I should come ready for it to Canada. Is it something they do to all applicants or it is almost sure that my case will go in security clearance?

Also, I got security clearance on F1 when applied for F1 extension. Can they still send my case for security clearance again?

Can I come to US if they do on valid F1 visa?

Thanks a ton!
Harpreet

Hello hsingh,

It took 4 weeks but I don't know what kind of clearance it was, I guess it was administrative delay. Please send me your contact details at harry_tej82@yahoo.com and we can talk over the phone.

Thanks,

Harpret

permit to enter the US? what is that?

Hi DeepaRao,

What do you mean by a 60-day permit to enter the US? One can not enter in the US while the visa application is in process at a consulate. So, what did you mean from this permit? Are you waiting in Ciudad Juarez?

thanks,
Ali
DeepaRao said:
I was given a 221g in Ciudad juarez very recently..mine was h4 to h1...I was told it takes 4-6 weeks for process.....I got a white 221g form ..what does these colors have to do ...
I was given a 60-day permit to enter into US and they would email me back about the process...
I'm still waiting...

Hi,

My visa has been put under 221(G) administrative processing(basically finger print check). In the pink slip it was mentioned that it takes around 4 weeks for the processing. it is already 7 weeks and my case still shows pending processing.
Just wanted to know if anybody had a similar experience. I come from Reputed IT company and I have been to US twice. This stamping was for H1 extension.
I saw some cases pending from 2005 hence I am worried that my case can also meet the same fate. Many pointers regarding this will be of immense help.

TIA,
Pawan