212(a)(3)(B) of the INA Please Help

212(a)(3)(B)

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I received thesame letter everyone is talking about last week. When i opened it and read the contents, i was shcoked so i decided to google the section 212(a)(3)(B) and behold i found several hits on the issue, this forum was one of them. So i spent like 5 hours reading what all of you have been saying about the issue. I know some of you were suggesting a solution to this. I kept on digging online about the issue, then i came across this report from Human Rights First exposing this issue and giving some recommendations. The forum wouldn't allow me to post the link to the report. However if you go to Human Rights First website you can find the report
and i encourage everyone to read because they cited examples of actual cases. I even found a case related to thesame cirucmstances as mine. I strongly believe if the recommedations in this report are implemented this problem will be solved. Also it seems as if the organization Human rights first has some leverage hopefully they can lobby to get this mess fix.

recently approved

Seems they are, at least in some cases, working on it.
After a decade from application, waiting, mandamus, denial, motion to reopen, and again waiting, I received a notice that my adjustment was approved and that GC should be in the mail.
It is an interesting journey, and only 1/2 way so far, who knows how many hurdles & draconian laws will be up by the time one files for citizenship :confused: !!

Good luck to all

Congratulations Salsero, wow a decade.... did you file any beneficiaries and if u did, did they approve them?

Hi
I was granted asylum in 1998 after 5 years of application which was filed in 1993, after 1 year of grant of asylum in 1999 I applied for I-485 based on asylum, the USCIS requested me for Medical and Biographical in August 2009, this was the third time USCIS requested me for Medical and Biographical information, the second requested was in August 2004, after sending the Request For Evidence in August 2009 I received an email in September 2009 informing " you appear to be inadmissible under section 212 a 3 b of the INA........" any one has a clue what may happen next.
It has been over 11 frustrating years of patience for I-485, I have been living in the USA for 18 years with not even a Parking ticket, I don't know why they would treat a law abiding who works hard and pays taxes like me and charge with something so wrong and baseless.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC Approved

After being put on hold for almost 2 yrs, I got my GC !!! I think they are now approving cases, so everyone on this hold -- its good news -- your turn will come soon...

Asly,
Congratulations for the GC. How did you do it?
I am probably where you were few years or months ago and would really appreciate your advise. I'm waiting for my lawyers to request some DHS senior officials to adjudicate an exemption. My lawyers are from a DC based law school with some good connections at DHS HQ.
The problem: I am currently overseas but I've go a valid RTD. The fear is that I don't know what could happen at the airport once I return in the States! Being detained and in removal proceedings before an IJ - that's my fear! Hope it will not happen!

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:
This case apply to me....my case is Cr1....i had my interview on 12 12 2017 and was approved but put in AP for documents verifications.....i sent in all they requested.....we didn't hear from then..until we filled mandamus because of frustration on October 9 2020....then on November 7 they sent me email saying that my application is resused based on ina 212a3b..and no waiver available......i don't understand......all the organizations I belong to are not terrorism groups......from ducument verification ended up in Terrorism.......im getting crazy by the day......any help will be appreciated.......please save a soul cos I don't know what's wrong with me......the world is clashing on my can't think straight