• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2018 Diversity Visa Entrant status check problems

no_namee

Hello everyone. I am having problems with the entrant status check. I copy all the necessary information directly from the page that I got when I applied, but it says " Information entered is not valid". Does anyone else have problems with this? Sorry if a thread like this exists, if you would redirect me there and delete this one if needed. Thanks.

Tried it multiple times, does not work. I am copying the data directly from the page ( not a .jpg file), so I dont think it's a spelling problem. I thought there might have been extra space after the conf. number or the first name, as you have warned, since I didn't really pay attention to that tbh. No luck still. I don't understand how I could make a mistake, it's prety straightforward. Just copy the conf. number, last name then a coma then first name and year of birth. I think I read there was a glitch in one of the earlier DV lotteries.

Tried it multiple times, does not work. I am copying the data directly from the page ( not a .jpg file), so I dont think it's a spelling problem. I thought there might have been extra space after the conf. number or the first name, as you have warned, since I didn't really pay attention to that tbh. No luck still. I don't understand how I could make a mistake, it's prety straightforward. Just copy the conf. number, last name then a coma then first name and year of birth. I think I read there was a glitch in one of the earlier DV lotteries.

Did you actually open the link Simon provided you with and followed the instructions found in it? Doesn't seem to me like you did hence the problem you're still experiencing.

Yes I have opened the link. Like I said I thought that the problem might be the extra space after the conf. number or first name, as I paid no attention to that until reading about it from his blog. Again I am copying the data directly from the page I got after applying to the ESC page ( not a .jpg file, because he warns that you might mistake some numbers and/or letters for others). I mentioned the glitch, because he wrote about it existing in DV 2018, though he said it has been fixed since, and I found a thread about a similar glitch in one of the previous DV lotteries. Sorry for being a nuissance I really cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Yes I have opened the link. Like I said I thought that the problem might be the extra space after the conf. number or first name, as I paid no attention to that until reading about it from his blog. Again I am copying the data directly from the page I got after applying to the ESC page ( not a .jpg file, because he warns that you might mistake some numbers and/or letters for others). I mentioned the glitch, because he wrote about it existing in DV 2018, though he said it has been fixed since, and I found a thread about a similar glitch in one of the previous DV lotteries. Sorry for being a nuissance I really cannot see what I am doing wrong.

:rolleyes: You're required to enter your surname/last name only in the name section - no first name. That's what the link you were referred to says.

My instructions don't say to add the comma - they say the lastname is what appears BEFORE THE COMMA!!!