• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY WINNERS FROM UGANDA

Hello,,help me friends,,i submitted application form DS-260 today,,bt i forgot to print the confirmation page..at the end...does it have any effect >?during our interview because someone told me we need that page at the embassy.if so how can i get it>?thanks
Mi tooo i have the same case like yours

DV 2017TUG...Wish you all the best. This journey is gonna be long. At the end, very end, when the CO tells you, "Everything looks good, your visa is approved. Congratulations!" You will know what they mean by an out of body experience. Many times the interview is S.H.O.C.K.I.N.G.L.Y far much easier than you are anticipating it will be. Best of luck.

DV 2017TUG...Wish you all the best. This journey is gonna be long. At the end, very end, when the CO tells you, "Everything looks good, your visa is approved. Congratulations!" You will know what they mean by an out of body experience. Many times the interview is S.H.O.C.K.I.N.G.L.Y far much easier than you are anticipating it will be. Best of luck.
Thxx indeed

BTW I am Ugandan. My interview was on June 30. Making preps to relocate. It is an exciting and anxious moment. DV nerves never cease; they come in different phases and intensity. I like this situation more than the previous one.;)

This was my interview experience at Nairobi consulate section, Kenya.

My interview was on 4th of Aug, so since I am working in Afghanistan I decided to take my leave on the 15th of July so that I can make it to medicals and then next week my interview so I got ready with all my paper work at my work place (police certificate) .Time came I was on the flight back home to Uganda but remember while planning all that interview and medicals I had not or even didn’t book for medicals I only had it written down that I will do medicals on the 20th of July :p:p:)hahah while I was processing my police letter sitting down in the waiting area I stated reading thru the forum to see some new posts that’s when I read and remembered that I had to book so I rushed and called before I sent the email that was on 20th and guess what 25th was full so she gave me 28th thanked her and sent the email to with equipment’s Time was not on my side as I had planned left Ug for Kenya as my birth certificate was still in process so to make the story short finished up the medicals( two days) and my Birth certificate was sent on a bus on the 3rd so meaning I had to pick it first thing in the morning before heading to the embassy .

4 30am I was up 5 am at the bus got my paper work at 6am I was at the embassy at 630am went thru the security check up got my number and waited to be called all in all I was called 3 times to get to the CO

CO: Good morning
Me: morning
CO: raise your right hand and swear....
Me: yes ,I do
CO: what are yours names?
Me: X and Y
CO: What is your highest level of education school?
Me: X diploma
CO: Are you working?
Me: yes
CO: What are you doing (also what kind of work) and for how long have you been working?
Me: brrrrrrr
CO: Are you a supervise in you work area?
CO: How many people do you supervise?
Me: brrrrrr
CO: Can you explain again the duties you do at your work place?
CO: Wait 5 min I will be back
Me: OK, ……. “CO gets back after 2 min ……
CO: Do you have someone in the us ?
Me: yes, my sister
CO: How did she get to live in the state?
Me: lottery 2010
CO: Ok Sir your visa has been approved you will pick up your visa at your DHL brrrrrrrrrr
Me: Thank you mamu…….out I went

To all selectees that haven’t been interviewed yet this is what i noted please don’t be like me cause I was messing around with time please get ready as early as possible and also noticed that if your paper work is relay organized by the time you mite the CO the Visa is approved faster cause when the CO called me all she was doing was typing on the computer but when she told me your visa has been approved she just pulled out the blue recite with my case number written on with a red pen approved I didn’t see her write anything so meaning my interview was done all she needed was to hear how I defend my self-that’s all ,.. Interview took only 5mins if not the waiting 2mins.

I went back to work for two months I will be heading to California in Nov .Funny that some people are calling me crazy cause I came back to work not for getting that I need that pocket monieeee,,

I got the Green card visa cause of my working experience not cause of my high school yes I had one principal pass and the subsidiary pass but I didn’t not perform well so if you are like me don’t forget to fill and explain on DS-260 about your working …

As they all call themselves SUPER MODERATORS they are really super Susie, Mom and Britsimon, all other moderators God bless you and am still a member

My interview was on 4th of Aug, so since I am working in Afghanistan I decided to take my leave on the 15th of July so that I can make it to medicals and then next week my interview so I got ready with all my paper work at my work place (police certificate) .Time came I was on the flight back home to Uganda but remember while planning all that interview and medicals I had not or even didn’t book for medicals I only had it written down that I will do medicals on the 20th of July :p:p:)hahah while I was processing my police letter sitting down in the waiting area I stated reading thru the forum to see some new posts that’s when I read and remembered that I had to book so I rushed and called before I sent the email that was on 20th and guess what 25th was full so she gave me 28th thanked her and sent the email to with equipment’s Time was not on my side as I had planned left Ug for Kenya as my birth certificate was still in process so to make the story short finished up the medicals( two days) and my Birth certificate was sent on a bus on the 3rd so meaning I had to pick it first thing in the morning before heading to the embassy .

4 30am I was up 5 am at the bus got my paper work at 6am I was at the embassy at 630am went thru the security check up got my number and waited to be called all in all I was called 3 times to get to the CO

CO: What are you doing (also what kind of work) and for how long have you been working?
CO: Ok Sir your visa has been approved you will pick up your visa at your DHL brrrrrrrrrr

To all selectees that haven’t been interviewed yet this is what i noted please don’t be like me cause I was messing around with time please get ready as early as possible and also noticed that if your paper work is relay organized by the time you mite the CO the Visa is approved faster cause when the CO called me all she was doing was typing on the computer but when she told me your visa has been approved she just pulled out the blue recite with my case number written on with a red pen approved I didn’t see her write anything so meaning my interview was done all she needed was to hear how I defend my self-that’s all ,.. Interview took only 5mins if not the waiting 2mins.

I went back to work for two months I will be heading to California in Nov .Funny that some people are calling me crazy cause I came back to work not for getting that I need that pocket monieeee,,

I got the Green card visa cause of my working experience not cause of my high school yes I had one principal pass and the subsidiary pass but I didn’t not perform well so if you are like me don’t forget to fill and explain on DS-260 about your working …

As they all call themselves SUPER MODERATORS they are really super Susie, Mom and Britsimon, all other moderators God bless you and am still a member

Congratulations! All the best for your move to California :)

Congratulations

Please i will like to know if the the principal applicant omitted one of her middle name on the first entry while applying and was latter corrected when filling the DS260 meaning the confirmation page now has all the 4 names is there any problem with that?

Please i will like to know if the the principal applicant omitted one of her middle name on the first entry while applying and was latter corrected when filling the DS260 meaning the confirmation page now has all the 4 names is there any problem with that?

Stop posting the same thing on various threads. Post once, wait for an answer.

It can be a problem, but typically won't be as you corrected it on your DS260.

hello team UG 2017 dv. any new selectees. with just one week to close the 2016, cant wait for 2017 interviews to start... patience is key in this journey

Thanks comrades for the big supporting hearts
My question is..
Why do Ugandans who win the dvlottery go to Kenya for interview???
There is no US embassy here in Uganda