• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY WINNERS FROM UGANDA

ssema

HELLO .i need help , my wife was selected for dv lottery 2017 ,but when she was filling in the form to apply for green card were not yet married ,we got married in january this year,so we wanted to fill in the DS 260,as married,But i wanted to know what is needed at nairobi embassy in terms of documents,and secondly do they interview both of us at the same time in one room or they interview you separately as couples?please help me i want to know how interview is conducted for couples on Dv lottery,thanks

HELLO .i need help , my wife was selected for dv lottery 2017 ,but when she was filling in the form to apply for green card were not yet married ,we got married in january this year,so we wanted to fill in the DS 260,as married,But i wanted to know what is needed at nairobi embassy in terms of documents,and secondly do they interview both of us at the same time in one room or they interview you separately as couples?please help me i want to know how interview is conducted for couples on Dv lottery,thanks

So you got married after entry but before the May selection? You should be fine. Definitely you must fill out the forms as married, you will need copies of your marriage certificate and it probably wouldn't hurt to take along some evidence of your relationship such as photos (of both of you at different times before the marriage, of the wedding, etc) or bills or evidence showing you live at the same address, etc. Usually when there is a lot of scrutiny it is for couples who married after selection so this is more caution than expecting any issue. Couples are usually interviewed together, it is usually (note I say "usually" because each case can be different) only for marriage after selection that they might interview separately, if they think the marriage may not be genuine.

Ssema
Congs ,that is really good news for you and your wife and more so welcome to the forum we are not so many Ugandans using this forum yet it really helps out so much hung in there and just keep asking for help as much as you can cause you are in the right place,As for me I am waiting for my 2NL

Thanks so much Ham64112,for the encouragement, as a fellow ugandan ,am really so grateful for you and i really wish you the best as you are waiting for your 2NL.THANKS

I happen to have got a reply mail asking me to log in using my confirmation number from my original application to complete further processing. however, i can not log in because my case number has less digits. it says Invalid Confirmation Number: Please enter the correct confirmation number that is 16 characters long
Please advise on how i should go about it
#2016AF

I happen to have got a reply mail asking me to log in using my confirmation number from my original application to complete further processing. however, i can not log in because my case number has less digits. it says Invalid Confirmation Number: Please enter the correct confirmation number that is 16 characters long
Please advise on how i should go about it
#2016AF

You need to use - as it says - your original confirmation number - the same one from yiur original entry that you used to check if you had been selected

Hello brother Britsimon,

I have four questions for you with which I needed answers ok. Below are the questions:

* My wife is the PA in the DV2017. Last year I went to interview for nonimmigrant visa but was denied. My business associate made a mistake when he was filling my nonimmigrant application on my behalf last year.
1. He entered my mother's name as: Diana XXX instead of Anita XXX. On my birth certificate it's Anita XXX.
2. Previous Employment, he entered NO instead of YES. Since I've work history's.
3. I don't have the telephone number of my first and previous working place. Do I still need to provide it eventhough the company is no more functioning.

So big brother, will question 1 and 2 affect me during the DV interview eventhough I'm not the PA?

Hoping to read from you soon.

Bernard

Hello brother Britsimon,

I have four questions for you with which I needed answers ok. Below are the questions:

* My wife is the PA in the DV2017. Last year I went to interview for nonimmigrant visa but was denied. My business associate made a mistake when he was filling my nonimmigrant application on my behalf last year.
1. He entered my mother's name as: Diana XXX instead of Anita XXX. On my birth certificate it's Anita XXX.
2. Previous Employment, he entered NO instead of YES. Since I've work history's.
3. I don't have the telephone number of my first and previous working place. Do I still need to provide it eventhough the company is no more functioning.

So big brother, will question 1 and 2 affect me during the DV interview eventhough I'm not the PA?

Hoping to read from you soon.

Bernard

Not very likely to cause a problem. The documentation for a derivative is less critical than the principal, and I doubt a previous nonimmigrant visa will be carefully compared in this type of case.

Hi big sister SusieQQQ, how you doing? I have been following your thread so sometime now until my wife won the dv lottery 2017. Please I have posted some questions and would love to hear your kind opinion too okay. Thanks to you all for your tremendous work and efforts.

Oh ok big brother. But please what a
Not very likely to cause a problem. The documentation for a derivative is less critical than the principal, and I doubt a previous nonimmigrant visa will be carefully compared in this type of case.
Oh ok. Please what about the telephone number of my previous company which I can't remember now and as such the company has aslo close down.

A big thanks big brother. I pray for strong life for you and my dear sisters on the forum. May you all leave to be 1000years old. You are doing great work I really admire you all.......:):):)

Hi big sister SusieQQQ, how you doing? I have been following your thread so sometime now until my wife won the dv lottery 2017. Please I have posted some questions and would love to hear your kind opinion too okay. Thanks to you all for your tremendous work and efforts.

Simon has answered already I see... and if I can kindly ask...please don't be impatient, we don't watch the forum every second of every day ;) We will answer questions when we see them!