• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 WINNERS FROM CAMEROON

OK - well we have always know about outliers - but it seems more likely that the 4th limited country is not Cameroon...

By the way, I am going to try to do a more accurate final cutoff estimate tomorrow. 77000 and above ha 3574 cases on CEAC - about 5800 selectees. That means you are going to have a nervous few months waiting. Good luck!

By the way, I am going to try to do a more accurate final cutoff estimate tomorrow. 77000 and above ha 3574 cases on CEAC - about 5800 selectees. That means you are going to have a nervous few months waiting. Good luck!
So how good is 70+

I am thinking this other limited country could be Liberia. Is it possible to tell by looking at which Embassy has issued the majority of visas so far given that limiting will mean a low density?
@Freddo, I also knew there was someone around with such a number I just could not put a name to the person.

I am thinking this other limited country could be Liberia. Is it possible to tell by looking at which Embassy has issued the majority of visas so far given that limiting will mean a low density?
@Freddo, I also knew there was someone around with such a number I just could not put a name to the person.
yea.... @Charisma!!!! well lets just keep our fingers cross. i wonder why you have not returned my messages of me trying to meet u since last year???? and am still in Buea.

@ CHARISMA and Britsimon am 52xxx and am so nervous about the whole process.How many visas have been issued by the embassy in yaounde?

Haha, that's funny, I just came to the same conclusion. Liberia. In the 2013 entry numbers (which is the last numbers we have) they only had a small number of entries with a tiny derivative rate - much different from a few years earlier. That is a clear indication that agents are at work. Then, their selectees doubled from 2013 to 2014 so they got 3800 in 2014 and then in 2015 they got 5000 (the max). So yeah, it's Liberia.

Also interesting is the fact that we don't meet many Liberians around here or the Facebook site. With 5000 genuine winners you would expect them to be all over the internet looking for information. But no. But of course, those 5000 winners would be "guided" by a few agents - no doubt controlling the whole thing...

Do you happen to know how bad the Ebola impact is in Liberia?

Do you happen to know how bad the Ebola impact is in Liberia?

http://monrovia.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

Due to health and security concerns in Liberia, medical examinations are suspended.

The suspension includes medical exams performed by any of the three panel physicians and X-rays taken at JFK Hospital. The medical examination is a requirement for issuance of an immigrant visa. For applicants who are unable to complete a medical examination due to the suspension, four options are listed below:

1. Wait to appear for your interview until medical examinations resume.
  2. Appear for your interview as scheduled, submit all documents except for the medical exam, and let your case remain pending in Monrovia until medical exams resume.
  3. Obtain a medical exam from a panel physician outside Liberia and then continue case processing in Liberia.
  4. Request your case be transferred to another post for application and processing. You must contact the consular section at the post you wish to transfer your case to in order to request that your case be accepted as a transfer.
Please contact the Consular Section in Monrovia at ConsularMonrovia@state.gov if you have questions on the above options.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the suspension in medical examinations may cause and appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work with the Government of Liberia to address the outbreak of Ebola.

http://monrovia.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

Due to health and security concerns in Liberia, medical examinations are suspended.

The suspension includes medical exams performed by any of the three panel physicians and X-rays taken at JFK Hospital. The medical examination is a requirement for issuance of an immigrant visa. For applicants who are unable to complete a medical examination due to the suspension, four options are listed below:

1. Wait to appear for your interview until medical examinations resume.
  2. Appear for your interview as scheduled, submit all documents except for the medical exam, and let your case remain pending in Monrovia until medical exams resume.
  3. Obtain a medical exam from a panel physician outside Liberia and then continue case processing in Liberia.
  4. Request your case be transferred to another post for application and processing. You must contact the consular section at the post you wish to transfer your case to in order to request that your case be accepted as a transfer.
Please contact the Consular Section in Monrovia at ConsularMonrovia@state.gov if you have questions on the above options.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the suspension in medical examinations may cause and appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work with the Government of Liberia to address the outbreak of Ebola.

Thanks Susie I had seen that but I don't know if their suggestions are "realistic". For DV immigrants they only recommend 3 and 4 (there is another link for DV).

I have posted a question trying to find some Liberians - but there aren't many around....

Thanks Susie I had seen that but I don't know if their suggestions are "realistic". For DV immigrants they only recommend 3 and 4 (there is another link for DV).

I have posted a question trying to find some Liberians - but there aren't many around....

The bottom line is that there are serious issues for Liberians trying to get any immigrant visa, magnified for DV because of the time constraint. I imagine it can't be that easy under current circumstances for Liberians to travel to other countries to get medicals or interviews done?

The bottom line is that there are serious issues for Liberians trying to get any immigrant visa, magnified for DV because of the time constraint. I imagine it can't be that easy under current circumstances for Liberians to travel to other countries to get medicals or interviews done?

Agreed. Liberia has 5000 selectees so I am sure there will be an Ebola impact to that number - I am assuming there will be a high percentage of no shows.

@Freddo102, I have not seen any message from you yet.
@Britsimon, I have been pondering over why Liberia with as many selectees as Cameroon has very little online presence. Of course it points to the Agent issue and of course the impact of the Ebola Epidemic will be huge since people generally have more serious issues to worry about. I will try to scout for the situation in Monrovia but I won't be wrong to assume their no-shows will play to the advantage of others right?

@Britsimon, I have been pondering over why Liberia with as many selectees as Cameroon has very little online presence. Of course it points to the Agent issue and of course the impact of the Ebola Epidemic will be huge since people generally have more serious issues to worry about. I will try to scout for the situation in Monrovia but I won't be wrong to assume their no-shows will play to the advantage of others right?
yes, i think you are right on the fact that the Ebola will surely be to the advantage of the whole world but also we need not to forget "the not more than 7% factor".

Last edited:
Yaounde has issued about 86 visas , refused about 17 and about 18 on AP
the number is low just 86 visas so far and the rate of denial is high.what can be cause of this refusals?is it that the applicants do not meet the educational reguirements?

Yes their loss will leave visas on the table for everyone else. I created a model for Africa by country yesterday and assumed Liberia will have a 60% non response rate rather than the typical 20 to 25%. That would be sad for Liberia, but between Ebola and agents I think it is likely.