1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by albanmus, Jul 15, 2014.

1. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Are you somehow implying that the officials at the Harare embassy are careless? I wouldn't expect those in Johannesburg to be any more or less vigilant than the norm. Plenty of people from countries north of SA have successfully interviewed for visas in Johannesburg.

2. TheHBIC

TheHBIC New Member

Careless? certainly not, they do their jobs well. However from other people's accounts some embassies are more stringent in how they question you and requiring additional documents that are beyond what is usually stated. Probably because those countries have higher volumes of people in the US e.g. China, India .

3. SusieQQQ

A category into which SA most definitely does not fall.
    It sounded like you were trying to scare her off from interviewing in Joburg, with no good reason for your "magnifying glass" statement existing. It's a hassle to interview somewhere else from where you live, because of the medicals issue and because it can take a week or so to get your passport back. Perhaps you were just being flippant, but that kind of flippant talk can actually end up seriously inconveniencing someone if they take you at face value.

4. angelg21

angelg21 New Member

Thank you. am just so nervous

5. BillyT

BillyT New Member

Congrats on your visa approval! I have my interview scheduled for August at the Harare embassy.I was wondering if for your interview they required proof of finances and if yes what type of documents did you show them as proof. I am student studying engineering in my third year at an American college under full scholarship. will that be enough to show the embassy if they ask for proof of finances?
    Thank you

6. angelg21

angelg21 New Member

Hi BillyT.

I am also new. Got selected recently, so I am not sure yet of all the requirements. Let me know how the interview goes. All the best..

TheHBIC likes this.
  7. BillyT

BillyT New Member

Congrats on your visa approval! I have my interview scheduled for August at the Harare embassy.I was wondering if for your interview they required proof of finances and if yes what type of documents did you show them as proof. I am student studying engineering in my third year at an American college under full scholarship. will that be enough to show the embassy if they ask for proof of finances?
    Thank you

8. TheHBIC

TheHBIC New Member

Hey Billy, I am not sure if you are a student. Try finding someone who can help you with statements I think just in case. I was close to American family and they helped me out a lot! I love them to bits. Or if you have a relative or if you can connect with other zimbo's in your area who are working. All the best! It will work out!! Will you fly out for the interview?? Can't you schedule it for there?

9. TheHBIC

TheHBIC New Member

You will be fine! Gather everything now & as much info from other people. I think you can inbox previous Zim winners on what you need to do, leave nothing to chance! Don't act nervous on the day! Fake confidence if you have to, prayers up! (if you pray)

10. angelg21

angelg21 New Member

Thank you. I am praying very hard.

11. Nenyasha

Nenyasha New Member

Good day to you all. I was also selected 2018AF00014*** when am I mostly be interviewed. 2) I have HND in Procurement and 8years experience as a buyer. Will that be leverage in USA 3) How long does it take me to get a job in my line of study someone to furnish me with information

12. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

1. Late 2017/early 2018
    2. It may help a little.
    3. How can anyone guess that. It depends where you move, how hard you look, and how good you are in interviews. We don't even know you...

13. angelg21

angelg21 New Member

Hi SusieQQQ.
    Just an update on the above. We managed to do a court marriage last week and i added my husband and my step daughter on my DS260 application just now. i attached the marriage certificate and birth certificate for my step daughter. On both their status, it says NVC is reviewing the request and i have to wait until NVC accepts the request. My question is how long does it normally take for NVC to accept the request?

14. angelg21

angelg21 New Member

Hi SusieQQQ.
    Its all sorted. NVC have approved. Am now busy completing the DS260 application for everyone

SusieQQQ likes this.
  15. SusieQQQ

Great! Hope the process goes smoothly.

16. albanmus

albanmus Registered Users (C)

Hi Everyone. I am reaching out to all past, future and potential DV winners. Please join a Whatsapp group that I created. The mission of the group is to create more awarness amongst our poeple regarding the DV lottery. If interested please send me your name and number via Whatsapp. My number is (240) 273-5202 Alban. It is much easier for most to keep comms via WhatsApp. Your participation wld be most valued. Non Zimbabweans are also welcome. Ps sperad the word.

17. albanmus

albanmus Registered Users (C)

Thanks to all those who have reached out to join the whatsapp group. Still calling on more people to join in DM me to add you on (240) 273-5202