• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

My brother went through this process about 6 years back he told me that they were so particular about the AOS.maybe that could be reason since it's hard for many people to prove that they are financially capable to look after themselves due to our weak economic system which mainly made up of the informal sector.People don't put their monies in banks they prefer holding them in cash somewhere so it's a huge task trying to prove that u do have Enough savings to the CO with no documentation .this has got me scared.
Hi Noza,

I am here on behalf of my younger brother. I called the Harare embassy asking about the AOS and was told it's not necessary to fill the I 134 for DV Winner as long as they have enough funds and have someone in the US who can support them. Am worried, his number is current.

Am good bro. What's good with you? How have you been. Thanks for keeping the thread alive. We fall asleep at times. Noza hope all is well.

Oh yes man I'm fine all is good just waiting to be current I think it will be September ..If ever I become so.

Hi guys. All the best to everyone with an interview coming up. Keep your head up and remember to only answer questions that you are asked. Keep your answers short and simple. Don't say anymore than you asked and do not say too much. Short and simple, mostly YES and NO answers unless you are asked to explain. Have documentation ready.... You think you done it's just the start of a long journey that will in most cases change your life forever!

Hi guys. All the best to everyone with an interview coming up. Keep your head up and remember to only answer questions that you are asked. Keep your answers short and simple. Don't say anymore than you asked and do not say too much. Short and simple, mostly YES and NO answers unless you are asked to explain. Have documentation ready.... You think you done it's just the start of a long journey that will in most cases change your life forever!

hi guys,i became current for the month of August....but sadly i have to divorce from my wife because things are not wrking out.She and our son are a part of my application.I need to know what documents i can produce at the interview since my divorce papers will not be out by then,because it takes long here to get them.

hi guys,i became current for the month of August....but sadly i have to divorce from my wife because things are not wrking out.She and our son are a part of my application.I need to know what documents i can produce at the interview since my divorce papers will not be out by then,because it takes long here to get them.
That's a bit tricky brother the timing is so bad.it will be difficult for you to convince the CO about that matter without proper documentation.This may cost you your visa too.

I disagree that it is a tricky problem. All that he needs to do is go without his wife and explain they are in the process of divorcing so she will not need a visa. Many people have family members on the eDV that end up not going for visas, it isn't a problem.