• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ After stalking this forum since may :) and studying the DV website I've put together the list below of documents we require and need to take to the interview. Please could you check the list below of required documents and make sure its ok?

1. DS 260 submission confirmation pages
2. Letter confirming lottery selection
3. Interview letter from status check page
4. Medical exam - scheduled for sept 8th
5. Original police clearance certificates for both of us from our home country and two other countries
6. Original birth certificates (Long) for both of us with 2 notarized copies
7. Passports for both of us
8. Photographs - 6 each for medicals and interview
9. Marriage Certificate Original and notarized copies x 2
10. High school certificate (O-level certificates with 7 passes and a-level certificates with 3 passes) with 2 notarized copies I also have an email from the Harare Zimbabwe embassy which states that this is sufficient incase the Jamaican embassy is not familiar with the high school certificates in Zimbabwe
11. DHL registration confirmation (requirement for Jamaican visa)
12. Copy of bank statements showing sufficient savings for both of us

Thanks!

Yep, that is about all you need.

I couldn't find anything on the US embassy in Harare website which states how many subjects are required for O-level. To answer your question yes i have 7 o'levels and 3 a-levels.

all the best man you are close to getting it...as for me its almost a year before i go current....best wishes....

Hi Zimba, good to see another Zimbo on the forum. Please share the source of the 5 O'Levels required for zimbabwean applicants would like to print it out for the interview. Thanks

Thank you Harvest, good to meet you too. The US embassy harare will send you an email with required documents and information on how to proceed with you interview preparation. The information will contain the educational requirements. They typically will ask you to turn in documents before your interview. All is well.

We're not doing our interview in Zimbabwe, we're based in the Caribbean so have to do it in Jamaica. I have a feeling that we're going to be guinea pigs because Jamaicans are not part of the DV program. I'm sure they'll be excited to do something different :)

all the best man we will meet in the States hopefully by the fall of winter next year its almost a year before I get current...please keep us updated...So by the end of this year your American dream would have kick started......

Oh ok, i forgot to consider the fact that you are interviewing in Jamaica.My assumption is they use the same guidelines for your country of chargeability. They should be able to obtain the information directly from the embassy in Harare. Best wishes. Keep us posted.

We're not doing our interview in Zimbabwe, we're based in the Caribbean so have to do it in Jamaica. I have a feeling that we're going to be guinea pigs because Jamaicans are not part of the DV program. I'm sure they'll be excited to do something different :)

Oh ok, i forgot to consider the fact that you are interviewing in Jamaica.My assumption is they use the same guidelines for your country of chargeability. They should be able to obtain the information directly from the embassy in Harare. Best wishes. Keep us posted.

The safest approach would be to follow the comprehensive instructions, and add the advice here.

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ After stalking this forum since may :) and studying the DV website I've put together the list below of documents we require and need to take to the interview. Please could you check the list below of required documents and make sure its ok?

5. Original police clearance certificates for both of us from our home country and two other countries
10. High school certificate (O-level certificates with 7 passes and a-level certificates with 3 passes) with 2 notarized copies I also have an email from the Harare Zimbabwe embassy which states that this is sufficient incase the Jamaican embassy is not familiar with the high school certificates in Zimbabwe

Thanks!

Thanks!
12. Copy of bank statements showing sufficient savings for both of us (he!!!!he!!! is it a requirement? thank God Our Embassy don't ask.

We had our medicals in Kingston Jamaica on September 9th and came out with 7 jabs between the two of us! All went well and we picked up the sealed envelopes at the end of the week. If anyone ever does medicals in Kingston make sure you go early and be one of the first to be served - it was a very long day!
Next we'll be returning to Kingston for the interview, a matter of days now...

Interview update: Visa approved!
It was a long wait as they were trying to figure out this type of visa as the consulate in Jamaica does not ordinarily process DV's.
Very simple questions mostly to do with were we lived previously. Actual interview was about 4 minutes.
They asked for standard documents - police clearance, birth certificates, marriage certificates and high school certificates.
Returning to pick up tomorrow and enter US there after.
Thank you to all the moderators who gave so much time and information on this site. We answered all our questions by reading EVERYTHING! You guys are awesome!

It was a long wait as they were trying to figure out this type of visa as the consulate in Jamaica does not ordinarily process DV's.
Very simple questions mostly to do with were we lived previously. Actual interview was about 4 minutes.
They asked for standard documents - police clearance, birth certificates, marriage certificates and high school certificates.
Thank you to all the moderators who gave so much time and information on this site. We answered all our questions by reading EVERYTHING! You guys are awesome!

Congratulations!

well done homie.....makorokoto ...