• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV winner typing error about DOB.

koye

Dear member
I am from Asia . I typed my date of birth wrongly when I applied DV 2015 like 1997.But, my real date of birth is 1976 .But I corrected my date of birth in DS260 .So there is different between DV application form and DS260 .What I am worry now is that making different between this two form might make me losing my second letter from KCC or CO might refuse to approve my visa.If somebody know well about this kind of case tell me what I should do or what might happen to me. Thank you for reading.

You will still get your 2NL, it may be a problem at interview. They seem to be getting quite strict this year. Things like that have been used as "pretend mistakes" to try enter more than once before for example. I don't think anyone here can tell you with certainty whether or not you will be disqualified by the CO.

You will still get your 2NL, it may be a problem at interview. They seem to be getting quite strict this year. Things like that have been used as "pretend mistakes" to try enter more than once before for example. I don't think anyone here can tell you with certainty whether or not you will be disqualified by the CO.
someone told me that you may be disqualify because of this error . Should I give up or keep going, if I received 2nl. Please tell me and help me . Thank you so much . I feel now as loser .

I already posted that I can't tell you with any certainty. Yes you could be disqualified, or yes the CO might accept it as a genuine mistake and give you a visa. Only you can decide if spending the money to pursue the visa is worth the risk.

I already posted that I can't tell you with any certainty. Yes you could be disqualified, or yes the CO might accept it as a genuine mistake and give you a visa. Only you can decide if spending the money to pursue the visa is worth the risk.
Yes ,Sir , before I decide about this , I need to collect information like you make .After I know more , I will have to make decision. Really thank you so much ,Sir.

Yes ,Sir , before I decide about this , I need to collect information like you make .After I know more , I will have to make decision. Really thank you so much ,Sir.
There are many cases like yours in this forum with wrong date, month and/or year of birth.
If your case number is relatively high to your region, you can wait few months and learn from interview experiences of these cases.
But, as of me, as much as you can explain logically how you made the mistake(genuine one), i hope the CO will understand your point. That is my prayer and wish too.

There are many cases like yours in this forum with wrong date, month and/or year of birth.
If your case number is relatively high to your region, you can wait few months and learn from interview experiences of these cases.
But, as of me, as much as you can explain logically how you made the mistake(genuine one), i hope the CO will understand your point. That is my prayer and wish too.
Really thank you ,Sir

i made typing error when i filled in date of birth at EDV form. But i corrected my date of birth in ds260 form . CO may see me as liar because there is difference between date of birth of EDV form and DS260. But apart from difference between date of birth in EDV and DS260 ,everything else in EDV and DS260 is same . Photo , father name , mother name ,place of birth ..etc are same in EDV form and DS260 form. So I hope CO might understand that my mistake is genius mistake and I am not liar . He or she might approve my visa . Please what do you think on my idea ?